Bubbling Sink Drain in Bathroom
Our MB has dual sinks.  There are studor vents at both sinks.  The P trap comes into a t in the drain line, the studor vent is about 3" above where the p trap tees in.  Both drains then go down under the house and tie in somewhere in the crawlspace, or at least they go down through the bottom of the cabinet.  I doubt they are tied in between the base of the cabinet  and the floor.   I replaced the faucets yesterday.  I also replaced the drain in the sinks with a pop-up style.   Today while shaving I noticed the drain in the other sink bubbling if I run a lot of water down the drain.  I don't think it's ever done this before.  The differences are the popup drain and the new faucets can put a lot more water down than the old ones did.  So I am wondering if something has always been wrong, but we never noticed because the old faucets didn't put out enough water to fill the drain.  I unscrewed the studor from my sink thinking maybe it was a stuck vent, but it made no difference.

are you sure the vent is working? Both sinks?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(08-08-2022, 10:55 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: are you sure the vent is working? Both sinks?

Well I unscrewed the studor from my sink, so it was just an open pipe, similar to a roof vent.  it still did the same thing.  I guess I could take both of them off and check it again.

The studor vent is an air admittance valve to prevent siphoning the trap. It doesn't allow air out; the stack vent should be doing that. The run could be too long for the diameter of the pipe, or most likely, the diameter has been decreased by a partial blockage. There's a long run (26') of 2" from my kitchen sink to the main drain that has has to be cleared about every two years. I installed an end clean-out accessible by removing a piece of vinyl siding and insul. bd. to keep the mess out of the basement. I exchange the plug for a 3' pipe with a male adapter and use a 20' length of PEX connected with a hose to hot water to clear the drain. For a bathroom sink i would just try running scalding hot water for ten minutes or so.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
Thanks. That makes sense. I thought the studors let the air out. I took the studor vent off the sink that is bubbling. The sink no longer bubbles and it drains quickly. with the vent on it drains slowly. So maybe there is a blockage there. I will try to snake that line and see what happens. This did not happen until I swapped out the faucets. I am thinking that's because the new faucets allow a lot more water out.