Tool Review
I'm always getting e-mails from Harbor Freight about their "sales" which seem to be never ending, but I digress. I shop there occasionally and find there are bargains on certain items.
Thus far I've never bought a power tool at HF. Today this ad dropped into my mailbox and among the items listed was this drill. It seems to get very good reviews and the reviewer in the video gives it high marks and a recommended buy.

I'm not in the market for another drill as I'm probably "drill heavy" already, just wondered if anyone here has any experience with this one?

Thanks,

Doug
Generally speaking, Harbor Freight tools are very low quality Chinese tools. If I were to buy one, I'd consider it an expendable tool. Of course, the video would give it high marks. The video was produced by HR. The ratings seem fake. Even Dewalt and Milwaukee drills don't get that high ratings from users. But, at $14, you may as well take the plunge.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
In think their Warrior line is the low end, followed by Hercules and then Bauer.  

I have HF's older variable speed oscillating multi tool.  I don't use it much, that's why I bought one at HF, but when I use it it has always run just fine.  I also bought a Hercules 4-1/4" angle grinder after my old Ryobi one died.  The HF one runs great, and I've used it pretty heavily over the past two years.  

Pro tools - look elsewhere.  Weekend warrior on a budget - seems to be a good fit.  

The drill Doug posted seems too cheap to expect much out of it, however.  I see the torque rating is only 132 in-lbs.  I think my Milwaukee is something like 350.  The max. speed is listed as 550 rpm.  Seriously?  And the battery has a rating of 1.3 aH.  That's really, really low.  I'd pass at any price.  

John
I had a drill like that from HF and it worked for what I needed as I was expecting my tools were going to be stolen. This was at a Trade show and sure enough it was not a big lose. I didn't want to loose my godd tools.
I have the 3500 inverter and I got a socket set to carry in the camper. Very very happy with both. Fwiw
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
They have upped their game a bit with quality, fit and finish. They’ve upped their prices with it. I’ve had good luck with their 23g pin nailer, hardwood flooring stapler, and my General tool chest. All were excellent values. Tomorrow I plan on buying their 3 ton low profile Dayton floor Jack on sale for $145.00. I doubt you can get a better Jack for the money and I’m not a professional mechanic. I also regularly buy their 6 x 48” sanding belts, fluid strainers for spraying and cup liners for spraying as well. Their tarps, floor moving dollies and movers blankets are great values too. Their hitches are also fine for what I pull.

(08-18-2022, 08:29 PM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: They have upped their game a bit with quality, fit and finish.  They’ve upped their prices with it.  I’ve had good luck with their 23g pin nailer, hardwood flooring stapler, and my General tool chest.  All were excellent values.  Tomorrow I plan on buying their 3 ton low profile Dayton floor Jack on sale for $145.00.  I doubt you can get a better Jack for the money and I’m not a professional mechanic.  I also regularly buy their 6 x 48” sanding belts, fluid strainers for spraying and cup liners for spraying as well.  Their tarps, floor moving dollies and movers blankets are great values too.  Their hitches are also fine for what I pull.

Oh...I have that too...I like it
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11