Biesmeyer Repair
Hello All,

I have a 50" Bisemeyer Fence on my Table Saw. Recently the Nylon Tape on the camfoot came off. Here is a picture of the fence which is pictured upside down.

You can see the Camfoot at the top of the screen. the tape covered the tab that is white. The tape helped to lock the camfoot to the table saw. I tried some nylon tape that I had lying around but it must have been too thick as the fence would not lock anymore. Has anyone replaced the tape or know where I can get tape that is the right thickness?

Thanks, Bill

Attached Files Image(s)

(08-14-2022, 02:39 PM)bpatters69 Wrote: Hello All,

I have a 50" Bisemeyer Fence on my Table Saw. Recently the Nylon Tape on the camfoot came off. Here is a picture of the fence which is pictured upside down.

You can see the Camfoot at the top of the screen. the tape covered the tab that is white. The tape helped to lock the camfoot to the table saw. I tried some nylon tape that I had lying around but it must have been too thick as the fence would not lock anymore. Has anyone replaced the tape or know where I can get tape that is the right thickness?

Thanks, Bill
Hi Bill, I measured mine and the metal measures 0.125. The total thickness measured 0.185 which leaves a thickness of 0.06 If the tape you used is different, you might need to adjust, Here is a link to an older post with good instructions. Fence adjustment
Larry
(08-14-2022, 03:46 PM)lkomroff Wrote: Hi Bill, I measured mine and the metal measures 0.125. The total thickness measured 0.185 which leaves a thickness of 0.06 If the tape you used is different, you might need to adjust, Here is a link to an older post with good instructions. Fence adjustment

Many thanks Larry. I appreciate the measurement and the link to the post. How the heck did you measure those dimensions?

I contacted Biesmeyer as well and they responded by giving me the following part numbers:

1352492S Cam Foot Assy and www.renovoparts.com

I went to the renovparts site and I saw that the part number they provided is for the entire Cam Foot vs just the pad. I replied to the email by saying that what I need are one of the two part numbers for the pad:

1350055S - Pad

1350019S - Glide Pad Also - 1350019

You can probably purchase either one as they look like the same pad. My guess is the first one is correct.

Thank you
(08-14-2022, 02:39 PM)bpatters69 Wrote: Hello All,

Thanks, Bill

I used a piece of a countertop formica sample from the big box store.  Used double stick tape to attach it.  Been working fine for several years.
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
(08-15-2022, 08:05 AM)bpatters69 Wrote: Many thanks Larry. I appreciate the measurement and the link to the post. How the heck did you measure those dimensions?

I contacted Biesmeyer as well and they responded by giving me the following part numbers:

1352492S Cam Foot Assy and www.renovoparts.com

I went to the renovparts site and I saw that the part number they provided is for the entire Cam Foot vs just the pad. I replied to the email by saying that what I need are one of the two part numbers for the pad:

1350055S - Pad

1350019S - Glide Pad Also - 1350019

You can probably purchase either one as they look like the same pad. My guess is the first one is correct.

Thank you

Bill, I used a digital caliper to measure the thickness of the metal and then measured the total thickness and by subtracting I ended up with the thickness of the pad. Glad I could help. If you want to try the nylon you have there are adjustment set screws to allow it to lock with the thicker nylon unless it is so thick, you run out of adjustment. I bet you could use a piece of plastic cut from a food container.
Larry
Bill, if all you need is some UHMW tape, I have some very thin stuff,  probably less than .006 that I bought for a drawer project.  Not sure how durable it would be though.
Glue on a piece of mica
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Thank you all. Great suggestions. I thought about adjusting the fence screws and I probably should have tried that vs buying the part from Renovo parts.