Selling wood shop
Mostly bigger items such as TS, BS, planer, etc. Where's the best places to advertise? When I'm ready (probably a week or so) I'll some of the bigger items here. I'm in the Sprignfield, Mo. area

Jim
Jim
facebook marketplace is good.
Your region/state might have a special FB group for tool/woodworking selling also.
(08-16-2022, 03:09 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: Mostly bigger items such as TS, BS, planer, etc. Where's the best places to advertise? When I'm ready (probably a week or so) I'll some of the bigger items here. I'm in the Sprignfield, Mo. area

Jim

When I moved to SC in 2015 I sold all my big stuff on Craigslist. I lived in NE PA. Powermatic 209HH, Delta Uni, Shaper, Lathe and Oneida dust collection all sold within 2 weeks. It took about 2 months to sell 10K bdft of wood. Yea, I had a wood problem, but therapy helped. 
Laugh

Good luck with the sale. Are you getting out of woodworking?
I've had better luck on FB Marketplace than Craigslist, especially lately, both as a buyer and a seller.
(08-19-2022, 07:59 AM)ajkoontz Wrote: I've had better luck on FB Marketplace than Craigslist, especially lately, both as a buyer and a seller.

Me too.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
(08-16-2022, 03:09 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: Mostly bigger items such as TS, BS, planer, etc. Where's the best places to advertise? When I'm ready (probably a week or so) I'll some of the bigger items here. I'm in the Sprignfield, Mo. area

Jim

Not a long way from the Kansas City area so you could also send a request for a classified ad to the Kansas City Woodworkers' Guild. The go out on Fridays to the membership and then on Saturday to our larger "friends" email list. Member list is around 1000+ names and you are talking directly to your target audience.

You can hit their web page kcwg.org and find the About menu. Then you can find the Contact Us links which have the emails. Use the one for "communications". (Not putting email in this post because 'bots). Brian's email link will be the last one on the page.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Wink 
(08-19-2022, 07:59 AM)ajkoontz Wrote: I've had better luck on FB Marketplace than Craigslist, especially lately, both as a buyer and a seller.

Yes. Whenever I put something for sale on CL I almost always get the low live scammers wanting to pay sight unseen and will make arrangements for delivery to them. 
I was born in the morning but not this morning. Although that can happen on MP also.

Jim
Jim
(08-18-2022, 06:39 PM)Mike 55 Wrote: When I moved to SC in 2015 I sold all my big stuff on Craigslist. I lived in NE PA. Powermatic 209HH, Delta Uni, Shaper, Lathe and Oneida dust collection all sold within 2 weeks. It took about 2 months to sell 10K bdft of wood. Yea, I had a wood problem, but therapy helped. 
Laugh

Good luck with the sale. Are you getting out of woodworking?

I'm originally from Pa. The Army had warped sense of hummer and put me on recruiting duty in 1971 in Wilkes Barre. I also live in Kingston as a kid until about 7 YO and then in the Phil area until I joined the Army in 1966.

Yes I am getting out of ww been doing it for over 35 years and it's lost it's fun.

Jim
Jim
(08-19-2022, 12:56 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: I'm originally from Pa. The Army had warped sense of hummer and put me on recruiting duty in 1971 in Wilkes Barre. I also live in Kingston as a kid until about 7 YO and then in the Phil area until I joined the Army in 1966.

Yes I am getting out of ww been doing it for over 35 years and it's lost it's fun.

Jim

Wow, I lived in Bear Creek Twp off of 115. I really miss it during the summer here but I don't miss the winter. Coming down 115 in the winter was always a trip. The other thing I miss is all the small sawyers I bought wood from. Such great deals if you came with cash in hand. Where I live they have a huge woodshop that I use but I bought a Grizzly TS after we moved in and I brought my spindle sander, bandsaw, chop saw, drill press and work bench. The shop here is nice but way too many rules to follow. Most of the time I just use the planer and jointer.

I hope as I get older I don't lose the fun I have, but my joints are not what they were and I'm sure when the time comes I too will pack it in.

Best wishes on whatever you do. I hope you stay in touch with Woodnet. You've given good advise.

Mike