Sold …Delta Rockwell 46-111 Lathe PRICE Drop to $200
Hello All .... I have a garage find 46-111 Lathe, with the cast iron leg set.  Very, very nice original condition.  Runs as it should.  I'm in No. Nevada, and may be able to help with delivery in the No. Cal area.  PM with questions, or if interested.  $300

Attached Files Image(s)

That looks like a really good price for some very good old iron. That kind of lathe is really useful for furniture makers looking to add some turning capabilities for furniture legs or pillars.

It is also a very nice lathe to learn on. Depending on the length of that particular model, you may be able to make your own baseball bats; and it can definitely handle pepper mills, bottle stoppers, and pens.

The gap at the head stock end is so that you can remove the banjo for better access when sanding or for adding a 2nd banjo (if you can get one) and a 2nd tool rest (or a long, 2-post tool rest) when doing longer spindles.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(08-17-2022, 04:28 PM)iclark Wrote: That looks like a really good price for some very good old iron. That kind of lathe is really useful for furniture makers looking to add some turning capabilities for furniture legs or pillars.

It is also a very nice lathe to learn on. Depending on the length of that particular model, you may be able to make your own baseball bats; and it can definitely handle pepper mills, bottle stoppers, and pens.

The gap at the head stock end is so that you can remove the banjo for better access when sanding or for adding a 2nd banjo (if you can get one) and a 2nd tool rest (or a long, 2-post tool rest) when doing longer spindles.

Nope, the gap is so that you can turn larger diameters on a faceplate.
(08-18-2022, 05:38 PM)castguy2003 Wrote: Nope, the gap is so that you can turn larger diameters on a faceplate.

I have seen both uses claimed for the gap.

The one that I cited is the one that I know works.

On most of the gap bed lathes, by the time you screw something to a faceplate, there is not much blank thickness left to keep the blank in the gap. That becomes even more problematic if one tries to attach the blank to the faceplate before screwing the faceplate onto the spindle.

If you want to discuss this further, we should take this to the Turning area.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Price drop to $250
(08-18-2022, 06:18 PM)iclark Wrote: I have seen both uses claimed for the gap.

The one that I cited is the one that I know works.

On most of the gap bed lathes, by the time you screw something to a faceplate, there is not much blank thickness left to keep the blank in the gap. That becomes even more problematic if one tries to attach the blank to the faceplate before screwing the faceplate onto the spindle.

If you want to discuss this further, we should take this to the Turning area.

yep i had that one and gave it to one of the vets.  it can do a 2" thick platter but not with a chuck has to be a faceplate.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Too bad you aren't closer the legs alone sell for more than that around here
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Yes … it is a good price especially with the cast legs. Aren’t you in the Bay Area?
(09-11-2022, 01:23 PM)Yotie Wrote: Yes … it is a good price especially with the cast legs. Aren’t you in the Bay Area?

Yep although I have stopped traveling to buy tools as I have more than I need.  I even have a few sets of those legs
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Feel like delivering to southern NM?  .-)