Pancake Air Compressor?
I have a Porter Cable pancake, about 4 or 5 years old-great little compressor, but loud. I would buy again in a heartbeat.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I've repaired a few pancake style compressors. There's not much behind the plastic and they're pretty much the same. The ones I've worked on were free but non-functional. Two needed belts, one was reed valves. One needed a new pump but at $30 and an hours time it wasn't worth it.

Makita makes (made) a nice small unit that is quiet. My dad got one 6 years or so ago. Not daily usage, but once or twice a week to sink a few nails or staples, remove and/or fill a tire, ect..
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
Whatever you look at, insure it has enough pressure and cfm's for what you are using it for.  I had a HF pancake that worked with all the nailers I use (biggest one drives 2.5" nails).  Unfortunately that one died and I bought another one and the biggest thing it will drive is a brad nailer.  I still have the tank from the old one and plan to daisy chain it to the new compressor and see if it will drive the bigger nailers but have not done it yet.
Just some FYI.
Pancakes are TOO LOUD
Upset

What are you going to run  ?  An airbrush, tire inflator, and brad nailer have much different air needs than a roofing nailer or grinder.
(08-23-2022, 11:13 AM)Tony Z Wrote: I have a Porter Cable pancake, about 4 or 5 years old-great little compressor, but loud.  I would buy again in a heartbeat.

I bought a PC two or three years ago.  It's pretty loud and 'scoots' when pressuring, but works as advertised.
Tiny compressors are usually pretty noisy so you might want to get some ear plugs.     If you can swing it, get a 10+ SCFM upright compressor, you can do so much more with a bigger compressor, and they are much quieter.