Pancake Air Compressor?
Is there a current consensus on a pancake air compressor for a hobbyist? Last I was paying attention, about 8 years ago, Porter Cable was pretty well regarded. I have a feeling there’s a new favored brand.

Thanks in advance.

Have had a Porter Cable pancake for over 10 years
No issues at all
Still the Porter Cable......

Ed
(08-21-2022, 03:51 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: Have had a Porter Cable pancake for over 10 years
No issues at all

+1 from me---

Gary
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Porter cable here…. No issues
Dumber than I appear
Abosotutealutely !
Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut, and have the world think you a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
yep, as others have said . . . the little porter cable.  i think i got mine on sale around Christmas a few years ago for maybe $90 - $100  --  WELL worth the money!  pretty loud being oil-less, but i like it.  also, it's REAL light to haul around too.  
Yes
Thanks, everyone.
Does Porter Cable still have the same quality it used to?

Does Porter Cable still have the same quality it used to?
Not likely, but the customers may luck out on the compressors, they seem to be holding up.  My pancake is used only when I'm not working in the shop.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I'll be contrarian...

I had DeWalt that died prematurely after a few years of use.  Replaced it with a RolAir FC2002 in 2010; still going strong.

The RolAir is not an oil-less compressor.  It's also not what I would consider quiet, but it is quieter than many of the standard pancake compressors. 

I know there are other much quieter units out there than the standard Porter Cable you'll see in home improvement stores today.  Those have been covered a number of times on the power tools forum.  If you search on "quiet air compressor" you should get some hits.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")