Powermatic Model 60
Soooo, did you grab it?????
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
For a running, clean brand name, single phase, 8in jointer I'd say $1k is fine. It's not a steal or a ripoff. The comments on the used tool market are all true. I've been looking for a decent 8-10in jointer for some time and finally found a 1964 Delta/Rockwell beauty. And when I found it I still had to drive 150 miles to get it. It was listed for $750 but since it wouldn't run, I got it for $600. Another knock on the prices is that it's 3ph.

Hopefully you snatched it up!
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
Pending sale to someone else, but I told him to let me know if it falls through. Maybe the fact that it didn't sell in an hour is a good sign for the used market. I have a 6" cheap Delta, so it's not an immediate need, just an upgrade.

I've been focusing on my tractor repair, some home improvement projects, and tracking down a unicorn caliber, so woodworking has been paused for a while. I tend to drift around hobbies over time like that. Pesky work keeps taking up my time.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
American made model 60 in that condition, wouldn't have expected it to last long.
I paid $700 for my 1985 yellow/green stripe 8” PM jointer about 15 years ago. A retired HS shop teacher owned it in his home shop. Straight knives, 1.5 HP Baldor machine. The wife had the $1850 receipt from when it was purchased new. A new 8” Grizzly was around $700 at the time. A new 6” Grizz was maybe $350-400. I didn’t love the price at that time but didn’t feel terrible enough about it to pass on buying. Of course I’ve forgotten about the $100-200 extra I would of liked to save.

Even in the KC area back then, 8” jointers sold in the first few hours on CL. Especially DJ 20’s and PM’s. I would buy that jointer for $1000 today without hesitating.