LuxCut III Replacement Helical Spiral Cutter Head
Video 
I spent the weekend replacing the cutter head on my 20 yr old planer. Fantastic! Best money I've spent in a long time.

I have the grey model of that planer.  Care to offer any details on cost or change out time/complexity for that swap?
(09-06-2022, 07:55 AM)stav Wrote: I have the grey model of that planer.  Care to offer any details on cost or change out time/complexity for that swap?

First off, I'm sure you'll be really impressed with the upgrade. As for cost, for mine it was $500 and $15 shipping. In the long run I will save on blades and have a much better tool. mywoodcutters.com sells the Shelix also but for $100 less. The problem is the for Shelix heads it can take a month to get. I opted for the Lux Cut and it only took a couple of days. I took my time and did a little bit each day for three days. If you have ever done car repairs you should be able to do this. It's not really a matter of if you can get it back together, it's more of a deal of how many times will you have to do it before you get it right. I got mine done on the first time.

This is a good video to watch:
https://youtu.be/UurAyAOfzGs
Thanks.

I don't think I am at the point where this will make a difference for me as I don't get my planer all that often at the moment. Someday...
That company doesn't make a cutterhead for my machine but I did learn something. It appears that Shelix Heads by Byrd Tool is a division of mywoodcutters.com.
(09-11-2022, 09:39 AM)kurt18947 Wrote: That company doesn't make a cutterhead for my machine but I did learn something. It appears that Shelix Heads by Byrd Tool is a division of mywoodcutters.com.

That is definitely not true.
(09-13-2022, 12:47 PM)Brian in sunny FL Wrote: That is definitely not true.

I didn't think so but that's what the banner ad in the top left of the page said. I don't see it today, perhaps they removed an inaccurate ad. I definitely did see it though.
(09-15-2022, 10:46 AM)kurt18947 Wrote: I didn't think so but that's what the banner ad in the top left of the page said. I don't see it today, perhaps they removed an inaccurate ad. I definitely did see it though.

I used to hear that a lot, people thinking MWC was the factory.  Now I get the calls that Byrd Tool Experts is the factory but they are not either.  They are family friends selling heads for well over list.  Two kids that wouldn't know how to turn on a planer.