Is it worth upgrading compressors
I'm doing some sandblasting for my tractor repair. As most probably know, that takes a lot of air. My 15 year old Craftsman compressor is not really designed for this.

I've been contemplating upgrading compressors for a while now that I have more space. I figured I would do so when this one dies. Maybe it's time now.

Are there any 60gal 3hp compressors for around $1k worth a dang? The IR one has a max PSI of 135, so that's no good, even though it's rated for continuous duty. The Dewalt/Craftsman/Husky ones look like they're all the same thing. Are they? The Craftsman is cheaper than the others and in stock, but I'm still not sold on the "new" Craftsman line.

I'm just curious if this "level" of compressor is worth it. A two stage or one of the high-end ones is out of the budget.

My other options are just to be really patient or drag my Dewalt over from the garage and hook it up to the same system temporarily. I have plenty of power to run both.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
So what are you running for a compressor currently?

Motor size, tank size, volume @ pressure delivered, stages, etc.?
(09-09-2022, 12:17 PM)DieselDennis Wrote: So what are you running for a compressor currently?

Motor size, tank size, volume @ pressure delivered, stages, etc.?

It would also be useful to know the abrasive blasting system along with the requirements needed.  I don['t do a lot of abrasive blasting but I have a 5hp Husky 60 gal unit that I've used before and it's worked fine for my needs.
I started a thread in the basement. I think I'm going to go with the IR two stage from Tractor Supply.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.