Made my first oval picture frame
I had a chance to make an oval picture frame the other day and boy was that a learning esperience!  I've made numerous square and rectnagle frames over the years but this was my first attempt at an oval one.  The wife has a baby picture of her Grandmother from 1902 that she wanted in a better frame.  I ended up figuring how to do it on the fly and eventually was able to produce what I thought was a handsome walnut replacement frame.  Unfortunately she didn't think it was fancy enough for the picture, so after all that work she isn't even using it.  I'll have one if the need ever come up for an oval one and if I ever decide to make another one I'll know about all the issues and how to avoid them.
My opinion, making an oval frame is not for the faint of heart, but that's just my opinion.
(09-18-2022, 11:11 PM)hcbph Wrote: ... My opinion, making an oval frame is not for the faint of heart, but that's just my opinion.

Agreed.  I made one years ago 'just because'.  When I had patience.  Honduras mahogany with some light wood for splines.  Woodworking wise, it was very nice.... but the splines looked wrong to me.  Never finished it, but it hung around the shop for probably almost 20 years before I tossed it when we moved last year.