Still using your corded tools if you have the same cordless one?
I still use the corded drill to drill pocket holes as the higher RPM seems to work better.     Other drill and driving work I use the cordless.   Roly
Why not use both of them? I have cordless drills but everything else corded. If a tool needs dust extraction, a cordless tool is useless anyway if the power is down.

I won't waste money just because something is trendy.

Simon
I still use a corded multi-tool even though I have a cordless version.  

Some jobs just need the xtra torque or runtime. 

Also still use a corded soldering iron a lot.  The cordless one is indispensable in some applications though.
I got rid of my now-redundant corded tools. The only one I still have is a really old circular saw that I keep simply because it's cool. I use a battery Dewalt otherwise.

(All my cordless are Dewalt.)
Semper fi,
Brad

I still use my DeWalt 3/8" corded drill when I need higher RPM's, such as for when I drill shelf pin holes or dowel holes. I also use it when I need to drill a really small hole, because my Makita cordless drill chuck won't hold really small bits.
(09-21-2022, 12:31 PM)joe1086 Wrote: If I think the cordless will do the job, that's the one I take. For handheld tools I do cordless 90% of the time. Batteries have gotten so much better over the last 10 years...

Yes they have, that is what have made cordless power tools practical for me. I had a 14 volt P-C drill that I could not count on having a usable charge when I needed it. I now have a Bosch 18 volt drill driver set I bought at the blue borg as a Black Friday deal so not top shelf. Those batteries simply do not self discharge, one of the problems with occasional use battery powered devices. Good run time for being 'slim pak' battery pack.
Ya, those who haven't made the transition from nicad to lion batteries haven't a clue as to what their missing.

Ed
(09-21-2022, 11:23 AM)stav Wrote: I know I'm generally in the minority in these discussions but I still keep and use my corded stuff over cordless quite a bit. I initially pit on the Dewalt 18 V kit when it came out in the 90's and found the battery was good for about one cut with the circular saw and that was about it. The drill was good and the reciprocating saw was pretty good as well. Not as good as a corded. Over the years, I got better corded stuff cheap on Craigslist as people switched over and now I have a pretty high(-ish) end set of corded stuff cheap.  I do use my cordless drill a good bit, but not often, so I usually have to wait for batteries to charge.  It's not as easy as plug and play.  It does become a pain if you need to work in an area without power, but that is not often for me.

I have a battery operated weed whacker (dewalt) now, but I gave up on cordless shop tools many years back.  I'm sure the technology is better today, but 99.9% of the time, the tailed version is fine.  I've got a lot of extension cord.
I've switched to using cordless tools about 99% of the time.  Rarely see the need for corded tools,  I've seen some tests that show that corded tools are often superior to their cordless counterparts...the tool manufacturers are putting their development money in their cordless line, not so much in their corded line.

My FIL, who was a custom home builder before he retired, did all his work with cordless 18v dewalt tools, except when he had to break out his worm drive Skilsaw to make lots of cuts.

I have a corded circular saw that I use when cutting masonry...mostly because it already has the blade installed in it.

I have a corded SDS drill when I need to drill, chip, etc a lot.  but the vast majority of the time my cordless SDS drill can get the job done.

but other than that, my corded tools just sit there.  I'm not sure I even know where my corded drill is at these days.  Corded multitool?  I have one, somewhere.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(09-23-2022, 05:26 AM)KC Wrote: I have a battery operated weed whacker (dewalt) now, but I gave up on cordless shop tools many years back.  I'm sure the technology is better today, but 99.9% of the time, the tailed version is fine.  I've got a lot of extension cord.

I like the idea of battery operated lawn tools but I don't see them having the power of the gas ones.  I used to work lawn maintenance (growing up in FL, that is just a thing everyone seems to do). The gas trimmers had power to spare in the worst of conditions.  Guess that one is all up to what you need.  I would have liked to have the power without the noise.