TOTO toilet - flapper issue
water dripping into bowl....a few drops of food coloring in tank and water in bowl picked it up

bad flapper, me thinks!  drained the tank and flapper appeared to be OK.  cleaned it and the drain.

problem.....can't get the flapper off.  went to YOUTUBE and found a video on changing a TOTO flapper but it was a little different than mine.

engraved number on tank: 6 (maybe 0 ???) 19Y:19710
With mine the 'ears' on the pivoting end of the flapper just spread apart and unhook - have to stretch the rubber over the enlarged ends of the pins.
Had similar problem with a brand new Toto: the seal between the flush valve assembly and the porcelain was the culprit.
(09-25-2022, 06:09 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Had similar problem with a brand new Toto: the seal between the flush valve assembly and the porcelain was the culprit.

I had several of those leak as well, mostly dripped on the floor in my case.  They included a gasket that was more like cork than rubber, and it allowed water to pass through.  I coated one in pipe dope in desperation and that didn't work.  Found a rubber gasket and all the problems went away.