On the top, bottom, or side? - freezers that is
(09-28-2022, 08:40 PM)DogwoodTales Wrote: ....
I just found out that my wife works at a client’s house who has the bottom freezer configuration and so she’s fallen in love with the configuration.
We have two other refrigerators and a deep freezer that’s  older than me but we like to stock up on casseroles, lasagnas, meat, etc....

That right there for the win.  LOML picks the appliances in the kitchen; I get to pick shop tools.  She picked bottom freezer config in 2003 and won't ahve anything else.

We have GE Profile appliances in the kitchen on her say so.  Been using them for the past 20+ years.  Have had a couple things break on them, but minor.  I just replaced the detergent dispenser on the dishwasher since the original wouldn't open reliably.  Evaporator fan on the fridge (8 years old) went out a couple months ago.

We also have a beer fridge and deep freeze in the basement; those are not GE appliances.  Deep freeze is 20 years old and still chugging along.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
(10-14-2022, 04:58 AM)R Clark Wrote: That right there for the win.  LOML picks the appliances in the kitchen; I get to pick shop tools.  She picked bottom freezer config in 2003 and won't ahve anything else.

We have GE Profile appliances in the kitchen on her say so.  Been using them for the past 20+ years.  Have had a couple things break on them, but minor.  I just replaced the detergent dispenser on the dishwasher since the original wouldn't open reliably.  Evaporator fan on the fridge (8 years old) went out a couple months ago.

We also have a beer fridge and deep freeze in the basement; those are not GE appliances.  Deep freeze is 20 years old and still chugging along.

I was fishing for opinions on configuration, but was also wondering if something more technical would come up, say, how the configuration effected performance or longevity, repair issues, etc.
I don't think I saw any of that above. I guess the configuration isn't that much of an issue any longer.

At any rate, yeah, I wasn't aware of her infatuation with the refrigerator above at the time of the OP. We already have two working refrigerators that are pretty old and will likely outlast any new model we get so why buy a third? But we're remodeling a house we bought (slow and painful process and I'm just hoping to move in before I die at this point) and so new appliances are on the agenda regardless of where I want to pinch some pennies.
Ray
(10-19-2022, 03:59 PM)DogwoodTales Wrote: I was fishing for opinions on configuration, but was also wondering if something more technical would come up, say, how the configuration effected performance or longevity, repair issues, etc.
I don't think I saw any of that above. I guess the configuration isn't that much of an issue any longer.

At any rate, yeah, I wasn't aware of her infatuation with the refrigerator above at the time of the OP. We already have two working refrigerators that are pretty old and will likely outlast any new model we get so why buy a third? But we're remodeling a house we bought (slow and painful process and I'm just hoping to move in before I die at this point) and so new appliances are on the agenda regardless of where I want to pinch some pennies.

Config. has little to no bearing on longevity or repair freq. 
Brand has more to do with it than anything.  Ice makers are by far the most repaired item - across all brands. 

Newer fridges will be a lot more energy efficient.