On the top, bottom, or side? - freezers that is
I’ve heard from several people about their sour experiences with LG and Samsung refrigerators and stoves but never about their things like televisions. I don’t have personal experience with their refrigerators and stoves as I have avoided buying them based on those first hand reports. I do happen to have an LG and a Samsung TV
Both have held up well but after several years with probably several thousands of hours of watch time my LG has developed a small white spot which means there’s a controller that needs to be replaced. I don’t notice it a whole lot so I’ll probably just tolerate it until the tv dies out completely.
Ray
We had a top of the line Whirlpool washer. Lasted 14 months before the motherboard tanked. Whirlpool knew full well about the motherboard problems and wouldn't do anything 4 months out of warranty. Lesson learned. Bought an LG washer at half the price at Costco... they double the warranty to 2 years and we bought an extended warranty to take it out to 6 years. It's 5 years old, no problems.

Finished the kitchen about 3 years ago and bought all GE Profile. The fridge shipped with the wrong handles (unattached) and I called GE cust svc. This is after the fridge had been sitting in the garage in its box almost 7 months. They over-nighted the the right handles. No problems whatsoever with the GE stuff.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(10-02-2022, 07:47 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: We had a top of the line Whirlpool washer. Lasted 14 months before the motherboard tanked. Whirlpool knew full well about the motherboard problems and wouldn't do anything 4 months out of warranty. Lesson learned. Bought an LG washer at half the price at Costco... they double the warranty to 2 years and we bought an extended warranty to take it out to 6 years. It's 5 years old, no problems.

Finished the kitchen about 3 years ago and bought all GE Profile. The fridge shipped with the wrong handles (unattached) and I called GE cust svc. This is after the fridge had been sitting in the garage in its box almost 7 months. They over-nighted the the right handles. No problems whatsoever with the GE stuff.

you know that GE is now owned by a Chinese company?

I have a GE fridge and stove.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(10-03-2022, 10:18 AM)meackerman Wrote: you know that GE is now owned by a Chinese company?

What's that got to do with this thread
Confused?

About as much as telling everyone Bosch is German owned company and some of its U.S. fridges are made in Turkey.
what does half the stuff in WoodNet have to do with anything?

GE used to be an American company, now its not.

Not everyone knows that.

Seems Bosch has always been a German company.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(10-03-2022, 02:38 PM)meackerman Wrote: what does half the stuff in WoodNet have to do with anything?
GE used to be an American company, now its not.
Not everyone knows that.
Seems Bosch has always been a German company.

Again , so what ?
Confused
Confused
Confused

Do you think that makes for a big decision point that Dogwood needs to consider when deciding on what type of fridge to buy ? Wonder if he does ?

……..and ya know there’s an off topic section for you to post to all your stuff about nothing in particular that you find interesting or think other need to know ?
(10-03-2022, 10:18 AM)meackerman Wrote: you know that GE is now owned by a Chinese company?

Yep. And they build a much better product now. Out entire kitchen is GE Profile. No issues whatsoever except a couple wrong parts shipped with the fridge and GE took care of it quickly. I wouldn't have even considered GE Profile if it was the old GE company.

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

The American owned GE products were absolute junk before they sold the brand name to Haier. Haier makes decent products and they just slapped the GE namplate on them. What They bought was the name, distribution service from GE.

I'm starting to see Haier branded products in new homes. Identical to GE Profile.

... Kizar Sosay

(10-09-2022, 08:20 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: Again , so what ?
Confused
Confused
Confused

Do you think that makes for a big decision point that Dogwood needs to consider when deciding on what type of fridge to buy ? Wonder if he does ?

……..and ya know there’s an off topic section for you to post to all your stuff about nothing in particular that you find interesting or think other need to know ?

and your posts about my posts should be in OT also.

some people care where things are made.

get over it.  you're not the post police.

Mark

(10-10-2022, 08:34 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote:
  • The American owned GE products were absolute junk before they sold the brand name to Haier.
  • Haier makes decent products and they just slapped the GE namplate on them. 
  • What They bought was the name, distribution service from GE.
-Some of them were junk - others like the Monogram line were really good.

-I suppose some of what Haier manufactures gets a GE sticker but not most of it.

-Haier DID NOT buy the GE name - they were granted the right to use it for appliances for 40 years as part of the transaction.  And distribution networks certainly came with the company, but what they really bought was an American manufacturing operation including three factories, 12,000 employees, and a big new headquarters in Louisville.  A not so well known part of the deal was the trial engagement to collaborate in other areas like healthcare.

(10-10-2022, 11:18 AM)meackerman Wrote: and your posts about my posts should be in OT also.  some people care where things are made.
get over it.  you're not the post police.

Seriously
Confused
Confused
Confused
Confused
Confused
Confused
Confused
Confused

You really expect me to go to the off topic forum to comment about a post you made here ?
No

While some people do care where things are made, many don't.  And clearly, the point of my comment went waaaaaaaay over you head.   Most of GE appliances are made in the USA
Rolleyes   So were you really just trying to stir up a bit of xenophobia about a co.'s ownership origin instead of adding a useful comment on the merits of top freezer vs. a SxS vs. a bottom mount ?