We have Plan?
With a cutting list...

And a view of what it will build..

From Paul Sellers Masterclasses...a free download!   Love that word..FREE!

There are 3 pages of plans..even..

Drawn by Sellers..

Even has details of the fancy stuff...

Lumber Run the other day...I have a couple 1 x 6s in Maple....will have to resaw down to thickness....

Might be a decent Project for October?  ( and keep me out of the Taverns?)
Stay tuned..
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I like it.  Looks like something I'm hoping to try some day I get some time. 

No reason it needs to keep you out of the taverns though...
I love seeing those Paul Sellers pictures. I assume he draws the pictures, and the handwriting. That's a skill by itself that you won't be seeing from the youtube generation.
Either too tired, or too broke...

Plank was hauled to the shop, today...after I had cleared the bench of rehab tools..

Then thought about how to cut it down to size..

As the plank was a tad too long to use the tablesaw...and be cutting off 12" long chunks...

Plank started out at  1 x 6 x 6'5"  , and I needed a few at 12" long..and a couple at 6" long..got down to this..

But, I needed just a 1 x 4 x 6" out of it...

Now, plank was 3/4" thick...but I needed the sides of the box to be 9/16" thick...and the lid and the bottom panels to be 5/8" thick....means I need to resaw a bit..so..

Tablesaw to make a kerf cut all the way around each board...so a handsaw can follow that kerf..

Come in from each end of the board, until..

"POP!"   and the D-8 Rip saw hits the wooden jaws...

Was getting a bit tired and crampy, decided to stop for the day after the 4 pieces for the sides were sawn..

Will still have to plane them flat...

But, that can wait a day....still have to resaw the rest..

Tomorrow..A lid blank, a blank for the bottom panel, and a spare kerfed at 9/16", just in case...

Legs were getting crampy,,,shirt was soaked...time to stop for the day..after about 90 minutes of saw work....

Stay tuned...
Took a while..but..

The 4 sides have all been planed flat, ends are now squared up...waiting to go....made a mess on the shop floor..

Went and watched Paul Sellers for an episode...then looked over today's tasks...

Appears I need to remove a bit of wood...do a bit of lay out..

Once I figured out which was an inside, which to make the Top and Bottom...then layout the long sides, as well..

Then lay out for the ends..

By using the thickness of one of the long sides...then start to remove the waste

Handsaw, chisel, router plane...wound up a hair deeper than the plan....oops  got  both ends done the same...on both of the End pieces..

These are a PITA to lay out and saw....and then chisel out the waste..

With lots of clean up....
Stay tuned...
Decided to see about getting just the first corner done enough to dry fit....back was having issues, right between the shoulder blades...

Needed to trace around a bit..

Then handsaw the waste side of the lines...

Close?  There were a few extra cuts involved....where the curved section goes past the "tails"  the inside parts also get pared away. to match that angled area...

Still needs some clean up, but a first dry fit was attempted...

I also checked for square..

Not too bad...one corner done, for now....only 3 more to go.

Was about 2 hours IN the shop, today...just taking my time...trying NOT to mess it up too badly...back said I was done...

Stay tuned...
Details, details...one, use a backer board..

Gives support for these sort of chops...

Then hold this in place...

While I trace around...laying out where to saw..

Warning: When you saw..stay on the WASTE side of the lines...not like this..

because all sorts of gaps will appear..

I have a spare to replace that long side.  

First chops are always on the face that will show...THEN flip over..

About here, the board is back into the vise, and I pare to the lines...including out at the corners...

Then a dry fit..got 2 corners done!    Had to stop....then was back to the shop on Laundry detail....so, the "spare" has been resawn, and flattened..ready for tomorrow, to try again...

Working way too hard, for a Friday...
Stay tuned
Looks good so far and alot of work too
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Laundry Detail, last night:   Washer cycle....resaw, and plane flat the replacement pin board...to replace that badly mis-cut one...then wait (and rest up) until time for the Dryer to be loaded up

Dryer Cycle ..54 minutes..
Lay out new pins for Corner #2...saw on the correct side of the lines.   Chop out the waste....try a dry fit...didn't.....pare a few spots, try again...floor needed cleaned up , try a third time...needed a mallet assist...but..

All but that one corner seated all the way down...hmmm..

need to clean out the crumbs...

Dryer was done, haul the Hamper back upstairs...

Later today,  I need to finish up the 4th corner..

"The Last in Line"?   then see about using a different sort of plane,,

As each of the 4 sides will get 2 grooves...3/16" x 3/16", to house the floating panels for the bottom of the box, and the lid...

Stay tuned..
Peter Sellers????

Isn't he that bloke that was ridiculed on this forum for not knowing how to sharpen his edge tools?
Yes

I didn't look on his webpage but am watching to see how you curve the sides, I'm guessing you will just use a jack plane to kinda get that coopered look? That is a cool design. Touche' to PS, and touche' to the Bandit, knocking another project out of the park!
Cool
Alan
Geometry was the most critical/useful mathematics class I had, and it didn't even teach me mathematics.