Hardwood floor, sand more or quit?
I rented a sander to sand floors in a rental house.  Got the rest of the house sanded and finished just fine.  Apparently in the kitchen the hardwoods were never finished and had been overlaid with vinyl from the beginning.  The glue isn't all sanding off very well.  So far I've done 4x as many passes with the drum sander as I did the rest of the house.  Additionally after getting through a lot of glue I found that the short and knotty pieces were used in the kitchen.

I returned the sander without finishing all the grits in the kitchen.  At this point I'm looking at going back to vinyl or just going for this rustic look.  Votes?

Hope the pics work.

I have never been a believer in wood floors in the kitchen anyway. Go back with the vinyl IMO. Much easier to clean and maintain. I personally like the wall to wall continuous kind if you can still get it rather than the planks. If you do this, however, you probably should put down underlayment plywood or similar or the hardwood will likely telegraph through.
(09-28-2022, 09:22 PM)harderhandyman Wrote: ... or just going for this rustic look.  Votes?

Hope the pics work.

As much as I love distressed wood floors, 'rustic' might be an understatement.  I'd cover them back up.
Cover it with LVT's and be done...
Click together vinyl plank flooring in the kitchen all day long, especially in a rental.
First - did you test that vinyl & adhesive for asbestos ?

2nd - I'd rip up that flooring and bin it.  Even if you got all the adhesive off, its a poor quality job with 3rd rate material. 

3rd - replace it with the correct thickness plywood to be level with the adjacent flooring (after new floor thickness is accounted for) This will give you a much better substrate for any type of non wood flooring .

You could also consider a floating floor of laminate / cork / ect....
I'd cover it with a nice LVP and call it a day.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Without a doubt—waterproof vinyl tile.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
We put waterproof vinyl planking throughout the house and kitchen.

BIG, BIG mistake. The flooring company neglected to tell us the floor needs periodic (monthly) refinishing to keep it looking decent.

After the last cleaning and stripping, my wife left the scrubber sitting on a towel and apparently the stripped leaked through. There is a big oval mark we cannot get rid of.
(10-05-2022, 01:04 PM)rwe2156 Wrote: We put waterproof vinyl planking throughout the house and kitchen.

BIG, BIG mistake.  The flooring company neglected to tell us the floor needs periodic (monthly) refinishing to keep it looking decent.

After the last cleaning and stripping, my wife left the scrubber sitting on a towel and apparently the stripped leaked through.  There is a big oval mark we cannot get rid of.

Not sure what you bought but that isn't the norm for vinyl plank.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS