Stanley #6 - Sold
liquidation continues, Stanley #6, type 17 (1942-45), good condition, japanning 90%, fresh sharpening, good blade length remains, sell for $50 + sh/ppf

Attached Files Image(s)

That is a great price for an excellent plane.

The war-era planes tended to be a little heavier than the pre-war and post-war planes because the molds for casting the bodies were used more times (since so many of the patternmakers were gone to war). A little bit of extra weight is a very good thing for a #6.

I already have more #6's than I could justify if LOML saw them, but this is still tempting. I hope that someone jumps on this before my resistance fails.
Crazy
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Nice plane for sure and I agree on the price. My grandpa bought a brand new #8 right after returning from WWII. It cost him $50…..a full week’s worth of pay. $60 seems fair
Smile

PM sent. Thank you!
(09-30-2022, 06:11 PM)iclark Wrote: That is a great price for an excellent plane.

What he said. 
Cool