Socket set organizer out of wood...got one?
Some pretty slick ideas in here. I have clips like Steve does, though I won't attach mine as I prefer to bring the sockets to the work vs. trying to guess which socket I need when I'm up on a ladder / etc. lol.

I'm thinking I'm going to take a crack at a wooden version though with Rare earth magnets that holds the full set and a ratchet (1/4, 3/8, maybe 1/2" - but that's uncommonly used here.)

If I can figure out an elegant solution, I may think about listing them for sale. Tool organization is a thing I find almost as much joy in as the working of the materials (metal / wood, etc.) it really appeases my OCD tendencies
Big Grin

michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
I use these from Harbor Freight. In front of the numbers is for short sockets and behind is for taller. https://www.harborfreight.com/metric-soc...68102.html. I think I spent about $30 for everything and they fit in a couple tool chest drawers (similar to what Stwood shows above).
(12-04-2022, 04:30 PM)jteneyck Wrote: I was referring to those on the top of the case.  I wasn't criticizing, only commenting.  

John

The case is DP’s; mine are just mitered open top boxes.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.