Socket set organizer out of wood...got one?
I have some original Craftsman socket holders (50+ years old) like the Neiko 03968A Offset Handle Socket Holder Rail, 3 Piece Organizer Set | 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2-Inch Drive on Amazon.
At $14, they’re probably a good way to go BUT the Craftsman set has multiple sets of socket sets.

I also have 2 Craftsman 50+ years old 3/8” deep socket sets in metric and American in metal trays with a flip-over locking top band.
Those are the best.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Well, here's what I built.

It ain't perfect...there's a few gaps in the inlay, the corners aren't perfect (but there are maple spines to add strength) and the handle isn't symmetrical.  But I kept telling myself, "It ain't fine furniture, it's just a socket case".

It is a little tough to see, but I added a strip of maple on the inside of the case top.  I initially found that the sockets were a wee bit too tall to allow it to close.

All I need to do now is cut a space for the adapter to fit, figure out how to secure the extension and the black handle and also how to secure the driver too (although it wedged pretty nicely between  a couple of rows of the sockets, but I can do better.  

The individual socket row holder are not secured/glued to the case...I want them to be removeable.  There are gaps in the imperial/metric sockets because I've lost them.  I also want to fill in that first row so the row doesn't slide around....I might just make an entirely new row.

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumber than I appear
Very Nice
Yes
Cool
Cool
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Wow, that's a nice box for a greasy socket set.  Great work.
Great job!
It is enjoyable, taking scraps and building a useful box.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood

This is my approach.
These are the sockets from the plastic case.
I still need to make boxes for the ratchets, nut drivers and some miscellaneous bits, then I’ll build the toolbox.

Notice I took the easy way out using rectangles and wedges rather than making trapezoids.
Gary

That's the Studley case for sockets.  Well done.  Mine are housed in a far less elegant way. If I changed where they are now, I'd never be able to find them.  

Now, about those miters. You need one of my shooting boards.

John
John,

Laugh
All the miters are completely tight.
The lower right box is tight —it’s just not perfectly flush at the top.
I haven’t touched it up yet.
Gary

(12-04-2022, 01:40 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: John,

Laugh
All the miters are completely tight.
The lower right box is tight —it’s just not perfectly flush at the top.
I haven’t touched it up yet.

I was referring to those on the top of the case.  I wasn't criticizing, only commenting.  

John
I've always just bought the rails and clips specifically made for sockets, and put them in my tool box, made for mechanical tools.
Wink
Rails are cheap and easy to attach with rivets. I laid steel plates in the drawers to attach to, other than drill holes in the bottoms of the drawers.
They can also be screwed to a wall, or hung on pegboard.

Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020