FS: Stanley 52 Shooting Board
Hey Everyone,

I just posted this on sawmill creek and wanted to include it here.

I am selling a fully complete No. 52 Stanley Shooting Board (no plane included) that has all original parts and is in excellent condition. It is attached to a custom hand made mounting board (finished walnut). It was dimensioned by hand, and then I used a wooden molding plane on the edges. After treatment/sealing I attached a rubberized base on the underside.

This can be used with the original Stanley 51, the Lie Nielsen 51, or the Veritas Shooting Board. I spent A LOT of money on acquiring this (only option was to buy along with a 51 Shooting Plane), and despite my asking price being an amount that might seem unreasonable to some, it absolutely isnÂ’t. In fact, IÂ’M TAKING A LOSS.

51/52 Combinations (all original and undamaged with all parts) are RARELY sold on the market, and when they are they fetch overf $2k (close to $3k even). Seeing a 52 Board sold by itself is even more uncommon and they are HIGHLY sought after because they can be used with modern Shooting Planes like Lie Nielsen and Veritas.

Serious inquiries only please, and I am not taking any offers/trades; the ask price is non-negotiable and payment can be made in person (in cash) or online via Paypal Goods and Services. Shipping and fees will be evaluated/added to sale price, and I will split the cost for shipping/fees with the buyer.

If you are intent on buying it I would like to use FaceTime/zoom to show everything in real-time where you can throughly inspect it closely.

I think that explains everything. Please reach out if interested and we can chat and get you as many photos as youÂ’d like (live video would be ideal.

$1,400 (for complete Stanley 52 on custom made mount.)
You should include your location as that might draw in more folks.
Regards,
Dave
As promised here is a full photo album: https://imgur.com/a/qB1vIBR

And as suggested my location is NYC/NJ metro area. I will drive up to 2 hours to meet.
Just be very careful if and when you ship that piece.  Long cast iron pieces like that are brittle.  I had a Stanley miter box that I sold, that was mounted to a wood base for shipping. It snapped right in the middle during shipping.  My mistake was not putting a block between the wood and the bottom of the bed to absorb shocks to the bed casting.  

If I was the buyer of this, I would drive to take delivery.  Where is it located?