Anyone watch "The House That Norm Built" on PBS last night??
It’s available for Free on the Roku channel.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(10-09-2022, 01:09 PM)firefighter Wrote: …WHAT THE %#!& THAT IN THE BRIGHT GREEN DRESS WITH GREEN BALLS STUCK TO IT??????

Mrs. G & I just finished watching it.
What a great tribute!
Thanks Norm!!
When they got toward the end and hit that scene, she commented how stupid it looked.

Laugh
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(10-06-2022, 01:30 PM)joe1086 Wrote: FWIW

If you have Roku you can stream it on demand.

Good to know as I have a roku. Having gotten into woodworking before the pandemic in 2020 and getting more into as a way to destress from work during I am a little upside that I missed out on the woodwright shop with Roy Underhill. I have watched some of the episodes on the PBS website.
“Ann: Do you exercise?

Ron: Yes. Lovemaking and woodworking.”
This is a comment to see if anyone feels this way.  It seemed like Norm had lost body weight and his voice was 'weaker' IMO than when he was on the show.  Kind of reminded me of my Dad in his last months, he had cancer.
Regardless, wishing the man the best of luck in his retirement.
(10-10-2022, 04:58 PM)hcbph Wrote: This is a comment to see if anyone feels this way.  It seemed like Norm had lost body weight and his voice was 'weaker' IMO than when he was on the show.  Kind of reminded me of my Dad in his last months, he had cancer.

He did look sickly, but was still talking about building the new shop, etc.  I think Norm's the kind of guy that would shoot straight.
(10-10-2022, 04:58 PM)hcbph Wrote: This is a comment to see if anyone feels this way.  It seemed like Norm had lost body weight and his voice was 'weaker' IMO than when he was on the show.  Kind of reminded me of my Dad in his last months, he had cancer.

I got to see it early as an insider. It was a great tribute to his career. I too tought the same thing as he looked gaunt. He was always a big guy. Yea, you lose weight but he did not look strong. He just turned 73 and these days that's not old. Tommy is 75 and looks great. 

I loved watching the show and he got me interested in woodworking. I wish him all the best. I wish I was able to meet him at one of the shows.