Replacing Electrical Panel
We would like to purchase a condo.  It's electrical panel is contaminated, inside, with paint.  Looks as if it was overspray from the walls when the box was wide open.  Does anyone have an opinion as to what it should cost to replace the electrical panel.
(10-08-2022, 02:46 PM)ChuckL2 Wrote: We would like to purchase a condo.  It's electrical panel is contaminated, inside, with paint.  Looks as if it was overspray from the walls when the box was wide open.  Does anyone have an opinion as to what it should cost to replace the electrical panel.

You'll see this in almost every new home. It's really no big deal.

That being said... Not sure how many circuits you have but it generally costs about $1000 to replace a panel I see recalled panels get replaced at about that price. Shop around. Some are a little more, some are a little less. Not sure if supply chain issues have upped those prices too.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I got a quote two months ago for $3300.

I passed.
VH07V  
(10-09-2022, 12:27 AM)EightFingers Wrote: I got a quote two months ago for $3300.

I passed.

Similar here. I did it myself and got it inspected for the cost of materials. 
Which brings me to my point for OP -  does replacing the panel also include replacing all the breakers with AF and/or GFCI breakers to bring everything to code? 
In my case it did and the bulk of the cost was those fancy breakers.
It was almost $2k to replace our panel including upgrading from 150 to 200 Amps.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
You shouldn't need to replace the panel for overspray, as long as there isn't any on the busses, etc. The cost to replace depends on what kind of panel, how many breakers, etc. Outdoor main panels cost more than indoor, # of circuits in the panel affects cost, etc. I would not expect it to cost much less then 2k.

(10-09-2022, 08:34 AM)mound Wrote: Similar here. I did it myself and got it inspected for the cost of materials. 
Which brings me to my point for OP -  does replacing the panel also include replacing all the breakers with AF and/or GFCI breakers to bring everything to code? 
In my case it did and the bulk of the cost was those fancy breakers.

Yeah, those things are not cheap.  About $50/ea for Square D Homeline, which is what my shop uses.  I bought them over time to spread the pain out, but I do like not having to deal with GFCI outlets.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
(10-08-2022, 06:20 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: You'll see this in almost every new home. It's really no big deal.

That being said... Not sure how many circuits you have but it generally costs about $1000 to replace a panel I see recalled panels get replaced at about that price. Shop around. Some are a little more, some are a little less. Not sure if supply chain issues have upped those prices too.

if the lines are dead should be an easy fix.  Although I have never seen an electrician do it for $1000 unless it was someone that knew someone or family
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(10-09-2022, 09:28 AM)Gary G™ Wrote: It was almost $2k to replace our panel including upgrading from 150 to 200 Amps.

Was the 200 amp service feed/Conductor already there?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Would it not be easier to just get the paint off of the existing panel?