2 HP motor for Delta DC-33 planer
SOLD
I upgraded my Delta DC-33 planer to a 3 HP motor to replace the stock 2 HP motor. No faults with the 2 HP motor, it worked properly, I just wanted to be able to take heavier cuts as all my lumber is rough-sawn. Asking price for the motor is twenty dollars plus UPS charge. The motor is wired for 220 volts. The motor is face rather than base mounted, and direction of rotation is not reversable.
This is off track for this forum, but can I ask what motor you bought to replace it? I have the 15" version and I want to keep a list of possible replacement motors.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(10-18-2022, 05:08 AM)fredhargis Wrote: This is off track for this forum, but can I ask what motor you bought to replace it? I have the 15" version and I want to keep a list of possible replacement motors.

Leeson model P145K34FC6F
(10-20-2022, 08:07 PM)thewalnutguy Wrote: Leeson model P145K34FC6F

Thank you, I'll note that in my manual.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I’m not finding the model you mentioned, not even at leesondirect. What was your source for the new Leeson you have?
(10-21-2022, 07:47 AM)rambo2_981 Wrote: I’m not finding the model you mentioned, not even at leesondirect. What was your source for the new Leeson you have?

the final character might be an "E" rather than an "F", that character rests on the line beneath the model number. Catalog number is 120824.00
The motor was purchased by a large tool dealer in Minneapolis that I've been told is no longer in business. I'm thinking it was about 20 years ago that I bought the motor. 
I just did a search on leesondirect for the model ending in "E" and it shows the motor description matching the catalog number on the motor's name plate. 
Code
Name[b]Code
Name
Price

"Single Phase, 3 Hp, 230 VAC, 145TC Frame, 3450 Rpm, TEFC, C-face Less Base, General Purpose"
$783.20

[/b]

Price

"Single Phase, 3 Hp, 230 VAC, 145TC Frame, 3450 Rpm, TEFC, C-face Less Base, General Purpose"
$783.20
(10-21-2022, 07:47 AM)rambo2_981 Wrote: I’m not finding the model you mentioned, not even at leesondirect. What was your source for the new Leeson you have?

the final character might be an "E" rather than an "F", that character rests on the line beneath the model number. Catalog number is 120824.00
The motor was purchased by a large tool dealer in Minneapolis that I've been told is no longer in business. I'm thinking it was about 20 years ago that I bought the motor. 
I just did a search on leesondirect for the model ending in "E" and it shows the motor description matching the catalog number on the motor's name plate. 
Code

I found it. Thank you.