what kind of dado did Norm use? angled blade?
(10-21-2022, 08:24 AM)mound Wrote: what was the adjustment mechanism?

you'd rotate the outside cam which increased / decreased the the angle of the blade.
(10-22-2022, 09:29 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: you'd rotate the outside cam which increased / decreased the the angle of the blade.

Does there exist a more modern stacked dado set (multiple blades and chippers) that has some sort of "rotate to tweak" mechanism so you can fine tune a dado without having to remove the arbor nut & outer blade to mess with spacers?
Check the Freud SD608 set, I think it's what you're asking about.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
SD608 also cuts a flat bottom, not arced like the old wobble blade.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
(10-19-2022, 02:53 PM)ajkoontz Wrote:  I started with a wobble blade and will never go back.

Amen, and Amen.  

Dern thing scared me!
No
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(10-23-2022, 09:53 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Check the Freud SD608 set, I think it's what you're asking about.

Nice! I didn't realize this existed..  Have you used one?
(10-26-2022, 07:34 AM)mound Wrote: Nice! I didn't realize this existed..  Have you used one?

I have not, I've had to Freud SD508 since before the 608 was ointroduced. That said, I've read nothing but good things about the 608...it does cut flat bottoms; I think that's because the wobble function is very small...it's only to tweak the width of the cut. Also, if your saw is a Sawstop, I'm not sure (it's a guess) you can use it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I think I still have one of the old Sears wobble blades that I used when I first got into woodworking in the late 80's. Served my limited talents well enough back then but not now. I've never used the Freud but thought it was a good idea. Adjusting with shims can take a few tries.