Delta 50-850 Dust Collector Troubleshooting
Need some advice from the brain trust.

I have a Delta 50-850 - older unit.  Not used a great deal as I never really had room to set it up permanently, so I typically only used it for when I really kicked up a lot of shavings, like on the planer.

Recently moved and upon trying to use it in my new house, it was hard starting, and routinely popped the circuit breaker and never got up to speed.  Changed out the capacitor to no effect.  Thinking this might be because the brand new house has all this safety gfci outlets and breakers and thinking they can't handle this larger motor I switched it over to 220.  Now I can get it past the start up, but its really loud and will shut down after a minute or so.

This morning I pulled the motor to look at it closer.  On the bench not attached to anything its really quiet and runs great.

Could this be a bearing issue?  The blade assembly is really heavy so I could see that as possibly being hard on bearings.  The assembly has evidence it was balanced, but one fin is bent from some errant scrap.  It bent the blade but ran fine for years after that, but maybe that contributed.  I don't think that would cause a balance issue, but maybe the altered airflow caused an issue.

Not sure where to go to from here, any advice would be appreciated.

Cory
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
May have been the centrifugal switch. Seems better after cleaning that up some.
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
(10-23-2022, 06:52 PM)Large Wooden Badger Wrote: May have been the centrifugal switch. Seems better after cleaning that up some.

That would be the most likely problem.  Make sure it is free to move.   If stuck in starting mode that would cause all the issues you said.  Roly