Glen Drake Toolworks
Does anyone know if Glen Drake Toolworks is still in business? I bought a joinery saw and some blades for it when I met him at a woodworking show maybe ten years ago. His website appears to have some pages that don’t work and I was wondering if he was even still making tools. He was an older guy when I met him then, so who knows.
(10-24-2022, 07:24 AM)gtrboy77 Wrote: Does anyone know if Glen Drake Toolworks is still in business?  I bought a joinery saw and some blades for it when I met him at a woodworking show maybe ten years ago.  His website appears to have some pages that don’t work and I was wondering if he was even still making tools.  He was an older guy when I met him then, so who knows.

I just checked the G-D webpage, found this.

Our store will be closed until April 1 in order to clear up backorders, take care of taxes, etc.
All current orders will be filled as soon as possible.  If you have a question or concern regarding an existing order, please send me an email  (kgd@mcn.org).
We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you.  Please stay safe and encourage everyone you know to do the same.  We can help save lives, or we can help take them.  It's up to us.
Kevin Glen-Drake
Just out of curiosity, how do you like the saw? Do you find it solved any problems you may have had with joinery saws prior to using a Glen-Drake saw?

I watched a couple of his videos on his saws and found them interesting. I'm not sure I agree with his logic about his design, but I give him credit for a pretty unique saw design. For me, a Western or Japanese saw work perfectly fine. I'd be afraid if I started to use a G-D saw, it would ruin my muscle memory and technique using a more traditional Western saw.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I really like the saw a lot. I met him at a show and I wasn’t even looking for saws and I was passing by and he was like “hey, wanna try this out?” I didn’t want to be rude, so I obliged and was immediately pleased with how it functioned. I bought the saw and all three blades almost immediately. I like how the blade has a straight section with no teeth on both ends, so it works really easy starting in little to no kerf. I don’t use the saw a lot, but it works great for cutting dovetails. I also use other Western saws and sometimes Japanese saws. Funny story is that I took the Glen-Drake saw with me to a class at the Woodwright’s School. When Roy Underhill saw me using it, he made a funny comment. Not really turning his nose up at it, but more like how he preferred older tools. It just didn’t fit in with his pre-War aesthetic. But he was like, to each their own. Yeah, I love the saw and would recommend it to others.
I sent a message to them on their website about a year ago because I had a question about the Titemark gage.  It took a while to get a response, but when he responded he actually called me on the phone.  I am sure glad I answered.  He was great to talk to and very interested in giving top notch service.
Steve
(10-24-2022, 07:24 AM)gtrboy77 Wrote: Does anyone know if Glen Drake Toolworks is still in business?  I bought a joinery saw and some blades for it when I met him at a woodworking show maybe ten years ago.  His website appears to have some pages that don’t work and I was wondering if he was even still making tools.  He was an older guy when I met him then, so who knows.

He’s still making tools, just not advertising.  He can be reached at kgd at mcn dot org
Ron Hock
HOCK TOOLS