Bandsaw Set-up
Since we are on bandsaws I thought I would as another question. I tensioned the blade to the recommended  tension, Squared up the table to the blade. Checked the fence for square to the table and found it was not quite square. I do not see and adjustment for squaring it. I did a test cut and it cut 1/32" thicker in 8" at the top than at the bottom of the cut. I held the board flat to the fence and use a feather board at the table. 
So my question is, should I tilt the table so the fence is square to the blade or am I missing something. The machine is a Laguna 16HD with a 1 1/4" re-saw king blade. The cut looks good except for as mentioned.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
Surprising that there's no adjustment to square the fence vertically to the table.  I'd check the manual.  But if there isn't then I'd make an add-on fence out of wood and get that square to the table, then confirm everything is correct by cutting another test piece.   

John
(11-07-2022, 03:27 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Surprising that there's no adjustment to square the fence vertically to the table.  I'd check the manual.  But if there isn't then I'd make an add-on fence out of wood and get that square to the table, then confirm everything is correct by cutting another test piece.   

John

Check the tilt of the table. Or shim the table angle adjustment with a soda can thin aluminum. Check your blade guides  Just thoughts ??? 

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
Also check your fence rail to be sure it's parallel with the table top.
(11-07-2022, 03:17 PM)lift mechanic Wrote: Since we are on bandsaws I thought I would as another question. I tensioned the blade to the recommended  tension, Squared up the table to the blade. Checked the fence for square to the table and found it was not quite square. I do not see and adjustment for squaring it. I did a test cut and it cut 1/32" thicker in 8" at the top than at the bottom of the cut. I held the board flat to the fence and use a feather board at the table. 
So my question is, should I tilt the table so the fence is square to the blade or am I missing something. The machine is a Laguna 16HD with a 1 1/4" re-saw king blade. The cut looks good except for as mentioned.

I recall reading that the minimax16 fence is squared up by filing/sanding the nubs that rest on the table.  I was a bit surprised by this and haven't done that yet.

I think common for people to make a big auxiliary fence and shim that square.
Yesterday I had to resaw more hickory for panels for cabinet doors. I decided to see if I squared the fence to the blade by tilting the table just a little. The cuts came out good. I think Ohio Mike is correct about the rail the fence slides on. I don't remember mounting the fence rail other than just bolting it on. I'll check it when the current project is completed.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor