Router died suddenly
Happened on my 690. Turned out the plug that holds the brush in had some loose. Luckily I found it 20' across the room.
This might sound silly, but check your power source...I recently thought I had an issue with a Delta lunchbox planer that stopped suddenly, and was sure I either burnt up the motor or switch...Turns out one connector slipped off the switch and tripped the breaker on the outlet I was connected to...I hope you are as fortunate as I was...
(11-17-2022, 08:07 PM)brianwelch Wrote: This might sound silly, but check your power source...I recently thought I had an issue with a Delta lunchbox planer that stopped suddenly, and was sure I either burnt up the motor or switch...Turns out one connector slipped off the switch and tripped the breaker on the outlet I was connected to...I hope you are as fortunate as I was...

Yep. I checked the power source, brushes, contacts, and wiring. My 7518 stays in the router table and is plugged into a separate switch, so the router is always in the on position. Rarely do I change the speed. As mentioned, I had been using it off and on during the day and when it stopped, it was like someone flipped a switch/ breaker. Hence I am leaning toward the circuit board issue, but there appears none are to be found.
     I decided to try the "Spin rite" router motor WoodPeckers sells. I ordered it, but thus far no shipment and no email stating why it has not been shipped. They are not exactly scoring any points with me on that one. I should not have to call them to ask. There was nothing on their web site stating it was on back order or anything. Another day.
Well today is indeed another day. I did, in fact, receive an email this morning the router motor was shipped with a tracking number. Thank you, Woodpeckers. 200+ lineal feet of moulding awaits.
BontzSawWorks.net
You've probably figured it out by now but ...

Did you check the test/reset switch on the nearby GFCI outlets?