David Charlesworth's personal hand tools in estate auction
Alan, 20 tpi in an 8" plate.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(12-10-2022, 08:20 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Alan, 20 tpi in an 8" plate.
I would venture to say a pretty rare Wenzloff, as I don't think he made too many with that fine a tpi. Beautiful handle, Mike really was a natural at handles, he had loads of vintage saws that he copied the style/shape into his own. I have one Peace style he did for me. I would think that is a better momento than the Charlesworth saw, after all, Mike made it for you.
Winkgrin
Alan
Geometry was the most critical/useful mathematics class I had, and it didn't even teach me mathematics.
(12-11-2022, 01:16 AM)TraditionalToolworks Wrote: I would venture to say a pretty rare Wenzloff, as I don't think he made too many with that fine a tpi. Beautiful handle, Mike really was a natural at handles, he had loads of vintage saws that he copied the style/shape into his own. I have one Peace style he did for me. I would think that is a better momento than the Charlesworth saw, after all, Mike made it for you.
Winkgrin

I have the same saw from Mike, but with a walnut handle.  The 20 tpi is nice for smaller dovetails, but sharpening teeth that fine would be a challenge.  Honestly, I have used it only a couple of times, for some small boxes.
(12-12-2022, 10:50 AM)Mike Brady Wrote: I have the same saw from Mike, but with a walnut handle.  The 20 tpi is nice for smaller dovetails, but sharpening teeth that fine would be a challenge. 

reading glases and a needle file. length of stroke 1" or less. The biggest problem would be overfiling a teeth.

Will resharpen it for you, if you pay both shipments. Just to see one of Mike's saws in real life.

Cheers
Pedder
(12-12-2022, 11:26 AM)Pedder Wrote: reading glases and a needle file. length of stroke 1" or less. The biggest problem would be overfiling a teeth.

Will resharpen it for you, if you pay both shipments. Just to see one of Mike's saws in real life.

Cheers
Pedder

Kind offer!....
Actually, this saw is in new condition and is still in the box.  I bought it from him at the last Woodworking in America show.  He was packing up his display and offered a discount to me and another guy.
Here’s a picture of my saw.

Attached Files Image(s)

"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
(12-12-2022, 03:02 PM)John Clifford Wrote: Here’s a picture of my saw.

Attached Files Image(s)

"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
You are a very lucky guy!
Looks the twin of mine, except the wood on mine is African Blackwood. I'll try and put photos together along with the matching 10 tpi 16" tenon saw.

Incidentally, the dovetail saw is a pleasure to use. It is part of my arsenal and gets used reasonably frequently.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
....and repeat:
[Image: IMG-0305.jpg]