Horizontal Resaw bandsaw
Hi,
I'm looking for a commercial horizontal resaw bandsaw. Excellent customer service is a priority.
12" capacity.
Any thoughts?
Not sure of budget at this time.
Asking for a friend. Seriously.

Thanks!
(11-30-2022, 01:59 PM)Mike L B Wrote: Hi,
I'm looking for a commercial horizontal resaw bandsaw. Excellent customer service is a priority.
12" capacity.
Any thoughts?
Not sure of budget at this time.
Asking for a friend. Seriously.

Thanks!

Lennox Woodmaster CT (carbide) or Woodmaster B (bimetal) or Woodmaster C (carbon steel), depending upon how much you want to spend.  The best prices and good service is usually to be found at Spectrum Supply.

John
Thanks,
I'm looking for a machine, not blade.
Woodmizer has some interesting units, didn't know they made resaw machines.
I don't know anything about their customer service though.
Horizontal is the trick - Hitachi used to be *the* unit luthiers went to. I presume you are looking for automated return, pneumatic assist, production oriented. Candidly, I have zero insights to this orientation - but it seems with a little googling that several are of the horizontal mill variety vs. what we would consider bandsaw. One in particular is https://www.wravor.com/wrc-1050-veneer.html in addition to the wood izer that Mike noted.

Probably best to have him check here: https://www.exfactory.com/Browse/cat/RB/...horiz-vert which will offer a reference as to what pros have used and whats popular. Will help narrow down the search and if he’s lucky may even find a deal on there that works.
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
(11-30-2022, 04:27 PM)Mike L B Wrote: Thanks,
I'm looking for a machine, not blade.

Sorry.  OK, there's a guy on SMC who thinks very highly of this one from Grizzly:  Link

John
(11-30-2022, 07:44 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Sorry.  OK, there's a guy on SMC who thinks very highly of this one from Grizzly:  Link

John

Grizzly makes the cost barrier to entry on a new one easier at least. I'd sure try on if in the market.

With only a 12" requirement did the OP look into a vertical bandsaw setup with a feeder? Minimax/SCMi  24" and feeder?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Mike, good to see your post....hadn't seen anything from you in a while!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks Fred!
I didn't think anyone cared.

I haven't been in my shop in a year and mostly just read Off Topic posts.
I don't post much down there, I like to stay out of trouble!
Try Baker or Woodmizer

Possibly you could pick up a used one from the Pallet industry.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020