Cherry Bench
John

You are a true craftsman! I wish I knew someone like you who lived near me that I could work with and develop the skills to build something like that.
(12-08-2022, 02:17 PM)Randy C Wrote: John

You are a true craftsman! I wish I knew someone like you who lived near me that I could work with and develop the skills to build something like that.

Thanks Randy, and I'd be happy to help.  I'm self-taught, so while it may take longer (except for Dave Diaman who was turning out amazing stuff in something like 5 years) without tutelage, it's certainly possible to learn most anything you put your mind to.  Reading FWW and learning some of the techniques presented there, and especially building some of the projects in WoodSmith, were my mentors.  With no help, my advice is to read, a lot, practice even more, and try something new with every project.  And don't accept anything you wouldn't be proud to sell.  I generally don't show my failures, but my woodstove knows the truth.  

John
(12-07-2022, 03:15 PM)jteneyck Wrote: I delivered the bench today.  Here it is in its intended location.

[Image: AL9nZEWzvBXP3DJNWWxal8GIxlLOPwvnQUQ7GQ0z...authuser=1]

Merry Christmas,

John
I couldn’t see the bench for the magnificent and glorious  tree ..

Merry Christmas to you ... 

Always Be safe 

- Nice bench too!
Simple and beautiful!
Curious - are the legs solid ply through the length, or just on the ends?
Ray
(12-21-2022, 12:27 PM)DogwoodTales Wrote: Simple and beautiful!
Curious - are the legs solid ply through the length, or just on the ends?

Solid ply with veneered faces.  The legs are made from 2 layers of 3/4" ply + 1/4" ply + the 2 veneer layers = 2" thickness.  You can see it pretty well in the first 3 photos.  

John
Nicely done 
Yes
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery