Extended Sawstop mobile base
I really like the hydraulic lift of the SawStop industrial mobile base, so when I found another extra one a while back I bought it and used it for a work table with parts locker under it.

I liked it so much that I bought a couple of their jacks, the cross straps and the L shaped lift brackets both with the welded cross rod and without. Also bought a bunch of shoulder bolts from them as well.

Ordered the 3” casters from Amazon

The rest I made from 1/4” steel sourced locally.
Much of it is bar stock. I did cnc plasma cut the caster mounts and bend them on a 12 ton press.

After all is said and done I would probably have been money ahead to just order a complete base from sawstop, cut it and weld in extensions.

Duke

Apparently I can’t post photo’s anymore
(12-08-2022, 05:22 PM)JDuke Wrote: After all is said and done I would probably have been money ahead to just order a complete base from sawstop, cut it and weld in extensions.

Duke

Duke, but what would be the fun in that, your press and plasma cutter would have been very disappointed.
(12-08-2022, 08:39 PM)barryvabeach Wrote: Duke, but what would be the fun in that, your press and plasma cutter would have been very disappointed.

True, that’s why I like to build… whether it’s metal or wood