Drilling a Long (12") Hole
"This forum and frankly my patience don't really allow for bringing you up to speed on the design and implementation."

Seems pretty simple to me, if a thread is trying your patience, quit reading the thread! No more problem!
(12-16-2022, 12:23 AM)iclark Wrote: sorry to offend you.

I wrongly thought that you had provided a link to what you used or recommended for applications that were appropriate for the OP's search for knowledge.

When someone states here that they have experience in a subject that interests me, I often seek to learn from them.

Thank you for the info about not gluing.

I will not trouble you further with questions about how sticking an aluminum extrusion into a dado restores the strength loss due to the dado.

Clark - you haven’t offended me.   As I said before   ( ARE YOU READING THIS , PEANUT GALLERY ? ). the link was only to show you what an alu led profile was because you said you did know what one was.  Nothing more.  That you assumed it was a recommendation for anything, is on you.  Re-read my sentence before the link.   If you’d have spent 30 seconds looking up the term, I’d have saved myself the public tongue lashing. 

Furthermore , you’ve kinda made it clear that you need more than: use “x” product or just do it this way and “don’t worry about it “.  Am I correct ?

All you other fellas are more than welcome to bring in your vast engineering, manuf. and material science backgrounds to bear on the discussion and help Clark “understand” why furniture manufacturers all over the world are able to cut slots in their shelves without inducing critical failures producing a throng of unhappy customers.
This is not the basement.

Please keep things civil and do not make negative comments about other members.
Condescension:

an attitude of patronizing superiority; disdain
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!