Help figure out 3 phase motor winding 440v to 220v
I bought a 3phase motor for building a disc sander. Unfortunately it doesn't say how to go from 440v to 220v motor winding configuration.
Here is the model and the ebay link:
Warner 5L 145THTN6046BA R152
https://www.ebay.com/itm/174258777258
I have done a continuity test between 7 8 9 and they all seem connected so I believe it is Wye configuration.

Attached Files Image(s)

(12-14-2022, 04:50 PM)dog2bert Wrote: I bought a 3phase motor for building a disc sander. Unfortunately it doesn't say how to go from 440v to 220v motor winding configuration.
Here is the model and the ebay link:
Warner 5L 145THTN6046BA R152
https://www.ebay.com/itm/174258777258
I have done a continuity test between 7 8 9 and they all seem connected so I believe it is Wye configuration.

Make the connections just as the drawing shows for 220,   Is it wired as shown now for 440 ?   What you are doing is for the higher voltage two windings are in series with one Y point. For the lower voltage you are making a second Y point so each winging is getting full voltage.   The other ends of the windings of 7,8,9 are tied together internally for a Y point. tying 4,5,6 together makes the second wye point   Hope this helps.  Roly
The problem is the motor didn't come labled.

Those diagrams I just found on the internet.

The 7 8 9 continuity test did tell me it was WYE.

Just hooked it up and it works.
(12-14-2022, 07:44 PM)dog2bert Wrote: The problem is the motor didn't come labled.

Those diagrams I just found on the internet.

The 7 8 9 continuity test did tell me it was WYE.

Just hooked it up and it works.

Most 3 phase motors use the same numbering system .   Glad you got it working  Roly