I Finally Built a Windsor Chair
(12-15-2022, 09:18 AM)stav Wrote: Wow, very nice work.  

That style of chair always looks so delicate to me that I would be afraid to sit in it.  How do you find it for strength and stability?

Well, you can see I'm a pretty big dude and it hold me just fine. Will see if it holds up over time but it feels very soild and stable. We got the legs very level/ even so absolutley no wobble. I thought the same as you did, plus the scene in the Patriot movie where the chair falls apart, but in reality the chair feels very soild.

(12-15-2022, 10:40 AM)ajkoontz Wrote: Well, you can see I'm a pretty big dude and it hold me just fine. Will see if it holds up over time but it feels very soild and stable. We got the legs very level/ even so absolutley no wobble. I thought the same as you did, plus the scene in the Patriot movie where the chair falls apart, but in reality the chair feels very soild.

Yeah, that bit didn't add to my feelings of the strength of those chairs.  I guess you can't believe everything you see in movies. 
Laugh
Well done for your first chair. Greg is a great teacher and a really nice guy. I have taken two classes with him including the Rocker version of your chair about 9 years ago. The chair is quite comfortable and has held up well.
(12-15-2022, 07:43 AM)ajkoontz Wrote: Greg’s shop is in Hendersonville, TN, near Nashville. It’s an awesome place, 18x36 timber frame shop with pole barn addition for machines and wood storage, etc. He’s got a great collection of hand tools so it was nice to get to try a bunch of different (and sharp) tools. His 2023 classes are already sold out but I can’t recommend him highly enough. Just a great teacher. He’s a student of Curtis Buchanan if you know who that is, so next best thing to taking a class from Curtis himself.

thank you
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.