Circular saw guide?
(12-30-2022, 04:38 PM)packerguy® Wrote: I bought a true track system a few years back. I was a bit hesitant cause of the asking price, but after taking into account its American made I pulled the trigger.

It has been fantastic. Very impressed and was easy to mount the carriage to my Milwaukee corded saw.  I was going to get a Festool 55, but just couldn't stomach the cost for the 2-3 times a year I could use a track saw. 

https://www.truetracsaw.com/

Interesting but I didn't spend much time on their web site. How much cutting depth do you lose when mounting the saw base? Would it fit on a left hand saw? Thanks for any info.
I just took a look at the trutrac site. The FAQs say loss is 3/4” depth of cut mounted on track. I use a 8 1/4” Makita with my EZ-One track, and can get 2” depth, TruTrac estimates the same. I don’t think I’d have been happy using a 7 1/4” saw, getting through 2x stock would have been marginal.
IMHO, homemade is the way to go.  A board with a straight edge and a piece of hardboard is all you need.  A sheet of styrofoam insulating board comes in handy when you need to cut on the floor.
Many tracksaw owners still use their saws and tracks with a sheet of styrofoam.

Simon
I have the TrueTrack system as well.  The best part of the system is the tracks line up true when extending them.  I am able to go to 12' without issue with 3 sections.  I also have their cutting table kit, works great. Just replace or rip the boards down when they get chewed up. Their squaring attachment is also very affordable.