Glue failure
Yesterday I glued a mirror frame together using maple with 45 degree angles with Titebond 2 glue. The shop is not heated and the outside temp was 0 degrees all day and all night.  Today it fell on the floor and three out of the 4 glue joints failed. 
So I want to reglue it and this time I will let it set in a heated part of my basement.  But can I reuse the Titebond glue or should I use epoxy since I already used that glue?
Sand/scrape off the old glue and reuse the Titebond. How are you clamping the franme?
(12-24-2022, 03:15 PM)K. L. McReynolds Wrote: Sand/scrape off the old glue and reuse the Titebond. How are you clamping the franme?

While the wood is 3/4 inch thick, the frame is about 4 inches deep and tapered, so the glue surface has a lot of surface area to bond to.  I used a band clamp on the bottom and long clamps on the top.
(12-24-2022, 03:21 PM)cme4dk Wrote: While the wood is 3/4 inch thick, the frame is about 4 inches deep and tapered, so the glue surface has a lot of surface area to bond to.  I used a band clamp on the bottom and long clamps on the top.

I would consider using splines this time.  And definitely warm the wood in the house for around 24 hrs.
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
C&P:
The strength of end grain joints can be improved if the "open" end grain is first sized. A sizing mixture may be made by mixing one part to two parts water to one part glue. Place the sizing mixture on the end grain. Let it soak in for no more than two minutes, and then continue with a regular application of glue.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I never make a picture frame without a spline.  I usually use a biscuit (I have the Ryobi mini as well).  I also have a jig that rides on my fence to cut visible spline as well.  At this point I would probably go back to the table saw and skim off a little bit of each end off.  If the mirror won't fit now, I would enlarge the rabbit in the back.  I wouldn't trust any glue without a spline this time. With a spline Tightbond should be fine.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
Follow what they said in such an order:

K.L., then Gary.

Simon
Maybe just read titebond instructions & follow them. I've made many picture frames without splines some with, some 30 years or older & never a failure some frames were moved many many times & shipped around the Country. Titebond is not made to work in cold weather, get a temp gauge in your shop so you know what your limitations may be.
https://titebond.com.au/wp-content/uploa...timate.pdf
I ended up sanding the wood, regluing and letting it set in a heated room.  I then inserted visible splines.  It seems to work fine now.
Glad you were successful. For future reference: Titebond Quick & Thick is excellent for end grain and 45 degree miters.

http://www.titebond.com/App_Static/liter...sSheet.pdf
Mike B.

One thing is for certain though. Whichever method you use, you can be absolutely certain that you are most assuredly doing it wrong.        Axehandle, 2/24/2016
Do not get in to much of a hurry buddy...  Arlin, 5/18/2022
Apology excepted.  TT. 2/25/20223