Resin/epoxy recomendation
What can I use to hold a raw edge from chipping or otherwise coming of
What type of edge are you asking about?  Live edge slab; with bark or without?  Solid wood or spalted?  Sharp cut corner of a board?  The answer depends on what you're trying to do.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
It is a bark edge in a 8x10 with a 1 1/2" wide frame. I just want it to stay on for the look. Pretty sure it's a walnut.Bark is thick,rough and almost black. Once it's hung it won't be handled,thanks
You're likely to lose the bark, no matter what you do.  That bark will tend to naturally separate as the slab's moisture content drops.  If the slab is already at the target MC and the bark is still on, then you might be in luck.

If it was me, I'd use epoxy resin.  I'd try to get as much of that down between the bark and the hard wood to provide a bond between the bark and the wood, if that makes sense.  I think this would kind of push you into using epoxy resin as the finish on the whole piece.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Walnut has different bark. I have a live edge table that has some bark on, because it's the "inner" bark and is very firmly attached (hard to differentiate between the outer sapwood and the inner bark). The regular outer bark, though, is coming off no matter what you do unless it's encased in epoxy.