Which benchtop router table?
Which benchtop router tables do you recommend?
A homemade one. You can add or delete any feature that you want to.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Homemade in the TS wing, works best for me.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(01-04-2023, 08:45 AM)pgmrdan Wrote: Which benchtop router tables do you recommend?

I bought the Bosch RA1171 many years ago and would recommend it for a store bought, benchtop RT.
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
(01-05-2023, 07:28 AM)pprobus Wrote: I bought the Bosch RA1171 many years ago and would recommend it for a store bought, benchtop RT.

I have that one.  It has a lot of nice features for the price.  Overall I've been happy with it.  The only complaint I have is I wish the clamping knobs for the fence attached to a track instead of slots in the table top.  I don't think the carriage bolts that come up through the table top get enough purchase to really tighten the knobs down securely.  I always feel like I'm going to pull the heads through the slot.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Benchdog, if it’s still available.
A few years back I looked at a Bench Dog benchtop router table.  It looked very good.  I can't find them online now and the stores don't carry them.  I guess they're not made any longer.  Anyone know?
(01-11-2023, 09:32 AM)pgmrdan Wrote: A few years back I looked at a Bench Dog benchtop router table.  It looked very good.  I can't find them online now and the stores don't carry them.  I guess they're not made any longer.  Anyone know?

Seems like Bench Dog was bought by, merged with, owned by or controlled by Rockler (or vice-versa), but the brand seems to have faded away over several years.  The similar products they had, that i'd seen in person, to me the Bench Dog versions were generally nicer--but that may have been my perception instead of a fact.
earl
There are a great many plans and videos online for building a bench top router table much more affordable and with higher quality than today’s commercial products. Having a good bench top router table is always a nice shop tool even if you have a full size router table or plans for the future. One nice thing about building one is that you don’t need one to do so.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
Pgmrdan, tried to send you a PM, but you must not have that turned on. Anyway, I have an unused Bench Dog router table if you’re interested.

Thanks.
Kevin