LET THERE BE DRAGONS
LET THERE BE DRAGONS

Okay everyone the drawings are complete. These are only pencil guide lines for the carving and more detail will be added while carving. This will be a combo of piercing and 3-D carving and there will be coloring added, I'll go into that later. This is not the name of this piece and all of the drawings are my own design hand drawn on the vase.

Attached Files Image(s)

Holy Cow!  The drawings are amazing!  Looking forward to seeing more.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
that's awesome!  
Yes

do you seal that to prevent smudging while you're doing the carving?
(01-05-2023, 02:27 PM)arthropod98 Wrote: that's awesome!  
Yes

do you seal that to prevent smudging while you're doing the carving?

Thank you Bill, Great question arthropod.. I use the last parts of spray lacquer cans and just give the drawings a light mist to seal them it. I find this a great use for the bottom of a spray can, that I would not use on any project.
(01-05-2023, 05:06 PM)Splinterz25 Wrote: Thank you Bill, Great question arthropod.. I use the last parts of spray lacquer cans and just give the drawings a light mist to seal them it. I find this a great use for the bottom of a spray can, that I would not use on any project.

seems like a good use to me!  
Yes

looking forward to seeing the end result!
Photo carving up date:  I didn't get as much done yesterday, that JOB thing got in the way. So I'm making progress lots of outline cutting and now boring to remove large sections. I also started some 3-D carving in a few places. If you have any questions please just ask.

Attached Files Image(s)

This is very cool 
Cool
I was able to remove the large sections that had been bored and add some details.

Attached Files Image(s)

That's going to be very cool Bruce! Can't wait to see the end result.
You are so creative!