LET THERE BE DRAGONS
Like Jon Snow, I'm along for the ride.

Big Grin
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
You do beautiful work. You may have mentioned this before but I see some things in the background that look like you do your carving in your living room. The last project I got away with something similar was before I was married and still had my own house so she couldn't say anything.
Big Grin

(01-20-2023, 04:38 PM)crokett™ Wrote: You do beautiful work.    You may have mentioned this before but I see some things in the background that look like you do your carving in your living room.  The last project I got away with something similar was before I was married and still had my own house so she couldn't say anything. 
Big Grin

Thank you Jim and crokett...I carve in my easy chair, she knew what she was getting into long before we were married!!
(01-22-2023, 06:11 PM)Splinterz25 Wrote: Thank you Jim and crokett...I carve in my easy chair, she knew what she was getting into long before we were married!!

Laugh

lookin' great!  man, i just don't know that i'd have the patience for that, so i really appreciate it.  
Yes
Dragon & Phoenix

Okay everyone most of the Negative space parts are cut out. So now a great deal of fine tuning, refining and smoothing. Once I complete that I will start to add the color. This will most likely be my last post on this piece until it is completely finished.

Attached Files Image(s)

I cannot fathom the amount of time you have spent sanding! 

Looking good Bruce.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Okay everyone I continue to carve and refine over the whole project. One of the main things I did was remove  a good bit around  the head of  large Phoenix. I have also have added a great bit of detail on the lower section flames. If you look closely you can also see I have removed the pieces in between the very fragile thin parts.

Attached Files Image(s)

(01-23-2023, 08:15 AM)arthropod98 Wrote:
Laugh

lookin' great!  man, i just don't know that i'd have the patience for that, so i really appreciate it.  
Yes

Thank you, I just take my time.
So much attention to detail !
How many hours do you have in at this point Bruce?