Applied drawer bead
Hi,

I have a few vintage pieces with serpentine drawers and applied beads. I assume there are dadoes for these because I stripped the paint on these and none came off. Must be some specialized equipment to make the dado.

I'm planning on duplicating a stain grade cabinet I saw that has a rectangular bead, the bead looks to be about 1/4" wide so easier (second picture). The drawer is bow front. Would this be done with a router + edge guide? Since so much work would go into the drawer front before routingĀ I'm guessing some dedicated jig might be a better choice thenĀ an edge guide. Is an upcut spiral bit the best choice to reduce tearout? Might not do this at all depending on how difficult and how it looks without.

Edit - actually I looked at another similar cabinet from that site and I can see some of those applied pieces are missing and there is a shadow where they used to be so the ones shown in the second picture are likely just glued/pinned.

Attached Files Image(s)