Dust Collection Help
Hi Guys,
I’m in the market for a dust collector. I have a 2 car garage workshop and not a lot of space. I currently use a shop vac with a dust deputy that’s OK but I need something better that I don’t have to empty every 5 minutes. In my old shop I had an Oneida Gorilla Cyclone 5HP but that was ducted etc. I need something portable as I use it for one machine at a time. I have a Dewalt 735 planer, a Grizzly 771Z table saw, a Grizzly oscillating sander and a miter saw.

Filtration is the most important factor. I need to cut down all the fine dust. What filter size should I look for, 5 microns, 2.5? I looked at the Shop Fox and Grizzly units. I need some ideas and real life usage opinions. I would like to keep this under $800.

Thanks, Mike
(01-08-2023, 05:30 PM)Mike 55 Wrote: Hi Guys,
I’m in the market for a dust collector. I have a 2 car garage workshop and not a lot of space. I currently use a shop vac with a dust deputy that’s OK but I need something better that I don’t have to empty every 5 minutes. In my old shop I had an Oneida Gorilla Cyclone 5HP but that was ducted etc. I need something portable as I use it for one machine at a time. I have a Dewalt 735 planer, a Grizzly 771Z table saw, a Grizzly oscillating sander and a miter saw.

Filtration is the most important factor. I need to cut down all the fine dust. What filter size should I look for, 5 microns, 2.5? I looked at the Shop Fox and Grizzly units. I need some ideas and real life usage opinions. I would like to keep this under $800.

Thanks, Mike

You need a HEPA filter to do that.  That's 0.3 microns.  

John
A collector need to be supplemented with a ceiling air filter or two.  No matter how much your collector sucks and fine it filters - you’re not going to capture everything at the tool.  

The aux. air filters take care of that.  Most of it anyway.