Plywood Gripe
Thanks everyone.  Now, I just need to figure out how to get it, because HD's rental trucks are always out of service and I dont have access to a pickup truck any more.
And If I rent a U-Haul, it'll end up costing more than the plywood.  Fun times.

I get the sheets cut at HD to rough sizes (4× something) and bring them home with my van or suv.

Simon
I would look into buying/borrowing/renting a small tow-behind trailer...
After you design your project, use a cutlist sheet goods optimizer to minimize waste of your sheet goods.  Then, at the point of purchase, you can have a single cut made to fit the sheet into your vehicle.  That's how I deal with transporting wood in a large SUV.

Attached Files Image(s)

Yeah, but then I need to wait for the HD person to show up, and I usually don’t have the patience for that. (I know, it’s my problem.)

(01-10-2023, 05:33 PM)David Stone Wrote: Yeah, but then I need to wait for the HD person to show up, and I usually don’t have the patience for that.  (I know, it’s my problem.)

Where do you live and is the Home Depot service there really that bad? I have sheet goods broken down at the local HD on their panel saw at least a few times a year with no problems whatsoever.

Doug
Unless the saw was broken (it happened), I never had issue getting the sheets cut at HD or Lowe's.

Simply get to the cashiers and pay...and say you need the free cuts. The cashier will page someone for you. The wait should be no more than 10 or 15 minutes. Better than renting a truck, which will take an hour to rent and return it.

Simon
Also check for garage/moving/estate sales in your area.  I've found sheets of plywood (usually in the back of the garage/storage shed, that people didn't want to move and got it for $20.  Not cabinet grade but good enough for me.