Plywood Gripe
I’m trying to get back into woodworking after 4 or 5 years off. I need some plywood to build some shop cabinets. My options are “sanded ply” from Home Depot for $50 a sheet - but of course it’s warped. Or cabinet grade from a lumber yard for $130 a sheet. I guess I just need to bite the bullet.

What are you building?

Doug
I think you mean sande plywood, which is a species of utile tree. It is generally decent plywood. Any plywood will warp if stacked or stored improperly, so that's not a concern. Also, plywood will generally conform to the shape of its framing and supports, so distortion is not a concern.

I can get 3/4" prefinished maple for that price here (and this is not a cheap area) so it had better be amazing plywood for $130 a sheet.
Last year I purchase some prefinished 3/4" plywood from Menards since I  was unable to get the GP plywood I would normally use. This CRAP was from Indonesia. It was hard to find something that look OK, however the worst thing is when you cut it, the warping began. It would severely irritate the sinuses and would chip out along the edges (I was using a sliding scoring table saw)   It would continue to chip out if you brushed along the edges with just your hands.
Captain Kirk was talking about my shop when he said: Space the final frontier!   
IMHO it's a shop cabinet. just make it functional .
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
I buy Sande Ply at HD now and then.  It has been fine.  The stuff at the store has been flat and it has stayed flat.  If it's warped at the store I won't buy it, or any other plywood.  

John
(01-09-2023, 10:50 AM)jteneyck Wrote: I buy Sande Ply at HD now and then.  It has been fine.  The stuff at the store has been flat and it has stayed flat.  If it's warped at the store I won't buy it, or any other plywood.  

John

I've used quite a bit of it with no more problems than any other sheet goods.
Bite the bullet and buy cabinet grade
Buy A1 as only one side needs to show, the good side.
And buy from a ply and lumber supplier, such as Paxton or.......
If the supplier is close enough, they may deliver.
Mine came every 1-2 weeks, in a side curtain semi trailer.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Yes, I've had pretty good luck with Sandeply, too. Sounds like a storage issue.

If they carry it by you, I've built most of my shop cabs of what they call "radiata pine".
Woodshop got it right. Don't overspend on shop builds unless all you want is to build stuff for the shop. Mild warping is dealt with either when the sheet is sized down and during assembly. I work with non perfectly flat sheets from time to time.

Simon