Does a textured ceiling really reduce noise?
(01-13-2023, 01:35 PM)DogwoodTales Wrote: not in a main living area. that's a yuck for me 
Laugh

Maybe, but when I leave this house it will probably be feet first so I'm not concerned about that.

At any rate, already decided to not bother with a textured ceiling.
thanks!
Ray
Stone castles had beautiful tapestries hanging on the walls. They weren't just for decoration.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
Just hang pictures, quilts.  Add room dividers and tall things.  A ficus plant or two. 

Textured ceilings are to hide poor drywall mud.  Just good enough to get the job done.

They are also hard to repair. You can't match popcorn ever. You can do OK on knockdown and splatter, but it will never vanish.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Both my shops had less echo after I textured the ceiling.  Concrete and hardwood floors though.  if you carpet or put down rugs, it will help also.
WoodNET... the new safespace
(01-13-2023, 09:42 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: Stone castles had beautiful tapestries hanging on the walls. They weren't just for decoration.

yup.
there are quite a few options available for sound absorbing art and things. prolly a bit more than back in the day.
Smile