Pergo Laminate Flooring
(01-16-2023, 07:58 AM)pinsntails Wrote: +1for LVP
It is also water proof / resistant so excellent for laundry, bathrooms etc. If you choose a nice thicker product with a good underlayment it has a very solid feel underfoot. Much closer to the feel of actual hardwood than any laminate I’ve ever walked on.

Sam

I agree 100%

Laminate is >< close to going the way of the Dodo
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(01-16-2023, 08:00 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: I agree 100%

Laminate is >< close to going the way of the DodoBsed on the comments we decided to take a look at vinyl.  
Based on the comments we decided to look at vinyl.  We went to LL Flooring and found a very good match.  It is Rigid Vinyl Plank not Luxury Vinyl Plank - according to salesman only difference is the rigid is - you guessed it -  more rigid.   It is 5 mm thick with a 20 mil wear layer.  It has the padding attached and is floating not glued - although it can be glues if desired.  Additional padding can be added.  Price is $2.79 sq ft.

Am I being snookered - it seems awful cheap to me.  Next option up is $1 more a sq ft but is a more commercial grade with a 28mil wear layer.

Any thoughts?
Rick
Rick

My thougts are the same with all stuff like this. Buy the best you can afford. My concern with Rigid vinyl is "what is making it rigid"? It is a wood core? Can I score and snapit like LVP? Does it lay down like LVP?

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

My thoughts are the same with all stuff like this. Buy the best you can afford. My concern with Rigid vinyl is "what is making it rigid"? It is a wood core? Can I score and sna pit like LVP? Does it lay down like LVP?

... Kizar Sosay

Fellas , if you’re concerned about whether this floor has more water resistance than that one…………….

you need TILE
Yes with a waterproof membrane underneath.
Redid both bathrooms with LVP brand LifeProof 5 years ago. Very happy with the results.  Will probably do the same with the bedrooms and den in the years to come.
(01-16-2023, 07:38 AM)Rick_B Wrote: Curious about the why behind your feelings about vinyl - specifically LVP?

Thanks
Rick

Because I've never seen any that doesn't look like chit to me.  Obviously, others disagree.  My wife would pull brand new carpet out of a house... I'd remove LVP.
(01-17-2023, 06:17 PM)KC Wrote: Because I've never seen any that doesn't look like chit to me.  Obviously, others disagree.  My wife would pull brand new carpet out of a house... I'd remove LVP.

OK then thanks

Rick
Rick