Anyone bought from Irion recently?
Their website looks like they have been fully assimilated by the whole river table/slab craze.  I just want some plain 8/4 maple.
I have purchased from them several times, within the past several years and especially when doing a larger project.  Also, when working in Cherry their matched sets/flitches provide for better color/grain consistency (which can be a little inconsistent with random Cherry pieces). I have found them easy to work with and they went out of their way to run thru available product to meet my particular project needs. They provided some beautiful Mahogany slabs that I used on the Bombe chest I built.    https://www.dmwoodworks.net/new-page-2

But agree, they seem to focus on larger slabs/flitches – and so if you are just looking for just some “basic” lumber or have smaller need then probably not these guys. Particularly if you include shipping – which can push up the total price.
I can drive up there, it's not horribly far from here.

That chest if beautiful, if I was doing something like that I would go visit.  I'm making something that's a lot more pedestrian.

I guess maybe I'll go down to Hearne instead.
Wow Don, like Eric said, that chest is beautiful! Great job on the construction details too.

Thank you for sharing!
(01-17-2023, 09:41 AM)FrankAtl Wrote: Wow Don, like Eric said, that chest is beautiful! Great job on the construction details too.

Thank you for sharing!

Agreed.  That is a stunning piece and beautifully crafted.  And you even provide plans and construction details for free.  Amazing.  If I only liked that style of furniture and had enough skill to build it ....

John