A Couple Bowls
Maple.  10.5"x6" deep.  I need to get a new background.   the cat was not kind to the background I have.  I didn't realize it looks that bad.  The sharp turn at the bottom was tough.  I ended up just turning the sides down and then doing the bottom  as a separate cut. 

[Image: 326149420_868643034391419_59055714101857...e=63CCDB93]

Hickory.  8" wide by about 4" deep.  This log was pretty dry before I started cutting on it.  I had to fill a few checks.    Dried hickory is tough on tools but it sands out very nicely

[Image: 325732174_715974599926571_39703627556575...e=63CD8A59]

nice!  
Cool

gotta get back to some more bowl turning myself.  
Yes
Nice! Maybe the cat would like a bowl?

gary
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(01-19-2023, 07:52 AM)shoottmx Wrote: Nice! Maybe the cat would like a bowl?

gary

Laugh  The cat is my daughter's cat.  I am not a cat person.  Some days I enjoy the cat.  Some days not so much.  Once my daughter is out of the house the cat will go with her and we won't have another one.

The hickory bowl has some nice color in it.
It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

Hi, I'm Arlin's proud wife! His brain trma & meds-give memory probs and has pain from injuries, but all is well materially & financially.  
    got hooked on segmented bowls a few months ago been going nuts on them since. Some failures some success. can't waite to start another one soom

Attached Files Image(s)

Awesome!
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.